– LaSalle (17-1-0) continued to roll with a 6-1 win over Cumberland on Saturday, then handing Mt. St. Charles a 5-1 defeat on Sunday. Dylan Johnson scored two goals in the win over Cumberland while Connor Barrett, Vincent Healey, Andrew Bradley and Connor Pacheco each had one. Those same guys (except for Bradley) along with Ronan Peterson all scored in the win over Mt. St. Charles on Saturday with Max Cute making 17 saves.
– It wasn’t all bad for Mt. St. Charles this weekend though. The Mounties upset Burrillville 2-1 in overtime the night before. Lawrence Colden scored 37 seconds into the extra frame after Burrillville’s Mitchell Farrell had tied the game early in the third. Micaiah Bascombe had put Mt. St. Charles up in the first. Burrillville’s Bryden Hopkins made 39 saves, but Jayson Mandeville got the win with his 22-save performance.
– East Greenwich moved to 12-2 on the year with a 4-1 win over Moses Brown on Saturday. Corey Szabo, Matt McKenzie, Cam Gaffney and Colin Walsh all scored in the win.
– Bishop Hendricken (9-3-1) came away with a 3-0 win over Barrington on Saturday. Hendricken got a goal in each period from Nick DeFelice, Alex Giuliano and Colton Whitfield. Avery Picchone had the 14-save shutout while Barrington’s Camden Siwik had a ridiculous 44-save performance despite the loss. An afternoon matchup against Smithfield awaits them on Tuesday in a make up from Friday.
– North Kingstown (11-1-2) kept rolling with a 3-0 win over Lincoln on Saturday. Marcus Macchioni, Conall Gately and Evan Engelhardt scored while Braeden Perry earned the shutout with 11 saves.
– Rogers/Middletown/Rocky Hill (8-3-1) kept pace with NK with a thrilling 5-4 overtime win over Portsmouth on Sunday. After a wild four-goal period that ended with the teams knotted at 2-2, each team tallied a goal apiece in the second and third period. Finally, just 17 seconds into overtime, Keaton O’Shea ended it with Brady McCormack and Noah Leys getting assists. Christian Berluti (2), Jonathan Lopes, Luc Guerin and O’Shea had the goals for North Kingstown. Aiden Toner (2), James Lebreux and Shane Temple scored for Portsmouth. Max Braun made 30 saves for NK and Steve Dutra had 18.
– Portsmouth (7-6-0) did get a huge 7-0 win the night before the tough OT loss, easily handling PCD/St. Ray’s/Wheeler. Toner, Temple, Lebreux, Mac Dunn (2), Andrew Alvanas and Joey Leverault all potted goals in the blowout.
– Coventry (10-2-0) kept its fine season rolling with a 3-2 win over Narragansett on Saturday. After a scoreless first, Collin King put Coventry up 1-0 in the second. JD Abbott and Rob McHugh answered for Narragansett to make it 2-1 after two. King capped off a huge night with a two goals for a hat trick in the third to seal the win. Narragansett’s Mason Campbell made 23 saves, Coventry’s Angelo Ciampanelli made 16.
– Ponaganset (8-2-1) grabbed a huge 2-1 overtime win over West Warwick on Saturday. Brennan Printer scored the OT winner at 3:46 of the extra frame. Gerry Kent originally gave Ponaganset a 1-0 lead in the second, but Keagan Gormley tied the game at the 10:47 mark of the third. West Warwick’s Kevin McDonald was incredible despite the loss, making 46 saves. Ponaganset got 22 saves from James Cavanagh.