– LaSalle lost to Fairfield Prep (4-1), beat Xavier (2-1) and handed Mt. St. Charles a 5-3 loss in what was a busy week. In the game against Mount, Andrew Bradley scored twice while Blake Santos, Cam Tasca and Matt Baxter all potted a goal. Caleb Jawharjian made 18 saves in the win. Baxter and Boden Tomka had the goals in the non-league win over Xavier.
– Hendricken remained hot, beating Moses Brown 5-0 in a game where all 20 skaters on the team played a part in a true team effort. After a scoreless first, Nate Marshall and Griffin Crain got things going in the second. In the third, Crain scored again, as did Jack LaRose and Aiden Ferriera. Hendricken also beat Smithfield 5-2. Smithfield actually led 2-1 after one on goals by Chase Rinker and Jacob Boudreau while BH’s goal was from Crain. Andrew Smith, LaRose, Nick Regine and Crain all potted goals in the second though.
– Cumberland took down North Kingstown (5-0) and East Greenwich 6-2. In the win over NK, Jaime Robbins and Colin Railey made it 2-0 after one before Sam Lopes and Jacob Lopes along with Sean Taylor added the rest of the scoring in the second and third respectively.
– Warwick Co-op beat Mount 3-2 and Barrington 4-3. Tied 2-2 after two with Mount, Richie Cavanaugh scored the game winner in the third. Cooper Grossguth and Ethan Pezzullo scored in the first, but Mount tied it in the second on goals from Kyle Smolan. Braxton Bragg made 32 saves in the win. The victory over Barrington was a wild one. The teams combined for four goals in the third, but Warwick held on. Ryan Barlow and Cavanaugh made it 2-1 after one around a Cam Hayes goal for Barrington. Ryan Barlow and Sean Mullaney scored two to open the third and make it 4-1 before two late Chase Watts goals cut it to 4-3. Bragg made 26 saves for the W.
– Another great week for Portsmouth, after a bit of an ugly 1-1 tie against Rogers Co-op, they hammered PCD/St. Raphael’s 11-4 and then earned a massive 5-4 win over Lincoln. Portsmouth’s Aiden Toner got the scoring started in the first before Jaden Bourski tied it. Shane Temple made it a 2-1 game after one, and Ben West along with James Lebreux pushed it to 4-1 in the second before a Derrick Wood goal for Lincoln made it 4-2 heading to the third. Lincoln’s Nathan Turcotte and Chase Hall sandwiched goals around a Steve Madden goal in the third. Steve Dutra made 27 saves for the win while Nathan Goff had the same amount in the loss.
– Despite the loss to Portsmouth, it was still a good week for Lincoln with an emphatic win over Mt. Hope (8-2). Chase Hall, Nathan Turcotte, Jack Fiske and Derrick Wood all scored in the first period for an early 4-0 lead. Oliver Brown opened the score in the second for Mt. Hope, but Turcotte answered. Mt. Hope made it 5-2 after two on a late goal by Ben Browne, but Adamo Alfieri, Jaden Bourski and Turcotte all potted goals in the third.
– Narragansett has quietly gone about its business and continues racking up wins. Victories over West Warwick (7-1), Cranston (5-1) and North Smithfield (6-1) were all impressive. The most recent W was the North Smithfield one, with Ethan Travis, Preston Abbott and Connor Gilmore helping to build a 3-0 lead through two. Sean Lyons (2) and Josh Ewing-Chow added goals in the third.