Division One/Division Two
* St. Thomas Aquinas, HNIB’s top-ranked D2 club, stepped up in weight class and took it to HNIB’s second-ranked D1 squad Bedford, 4-0, on Wednesday. The Saints grabbed a 2-0 first-period lead and put the game away with a pair in the third. Hannes Demegard anchored the win with 23 saves. Mathis Savard powered the offense with two goals and an assist. Matt Barnes added a goal and three assists and Zach Talbot contributed a goal and an assist. STA outshot the Bulldogs, 32-23.
* Round One of this week’s key two-game set between reigning State Champion Hanover (12-2-0) and Concord (11-3-0) went to the Marauders. Ben Plottner had 18 saves for the shutout. Matty Gartner had a goal and two assists for Hanover. Charlie Plottner, Casey Graham and Hans Williams also scored. The teams meet again Sunday afternoon in Hanover at 2:45.
* Junior Mason Drouin completed a hat trick with the OT game-winner in Pinkerton’s 3-2 win against Exeter. Dakota Robinson turned back 18 shots for the Astros (12-2-0) for the shutout. Ryan Huppe and Brendan Doyle scored for the Blue Hawks.
* Bishop Guertin (8-7-0) silenced Bishop Brady, 6-0, behind Nick Hall’s 13-save shutout. Goals came from Ben Young, Mike Kiely, Luke Vogel, Sean Kelley, Derek Amaral and Christian Milward lit the lamp.
* Nashua South/Pelham (7-8-1) shut down Manchester Memorial, 4-0, to remain in the post-season picture. Riley Nutter (two goals) and Joe Moore (goal, assist) led the way. Chris Skelley also scored.