– Second period goals by Molly Conneely and Libby Corsetti were enough for #10 Arlington to get past #23 Beverly/Danvers, 2-1, giving veteran coach Jeff Mead his 300th career win. Clara Carey had the gone for Beverly/Danvers, which finished at 10-10-1.
– Arlington’s opening in the next round will be #7 Bishop Feehan in a rematch of last year’s quarterfinal. The Shamrocks downed Auburn, 7-3, in their first round matchup, led by Brooke Borges’ two goals. Caitlin Kelley had a goal and two assists, while Brenna Vitelli, Chloe Bryda, Grace Campbell and Molly Braga also scored.
– Sophia Boucher had both goals as the #15 Cape Cod Furies blanked #18 Reading, 2-0, avenging a loss in the first round of last year’s tournament.
– The Furies next get #2 Notre Dame Academy, which cruised to an 11-0 win. Morgan Brady and Lauren White scored early in the first period to get the Cougars on their way.
– #3 Shrewsbury eliminated Old Rochester, 9-0. A balanced scoring attack saw eight different goal scorers, led by two goals and assist from defenseman Yasmine McKenzie. Lauren Albertson contributed a goal and two assists. Up next for the Colonials will be the winner of Thursday’s matchup between Pope Francis and Stoneham-Wilmington.
– Addison Garrity scored two goals, and Caroline Doherty added the other as #6 Hingham blanked #27 Arlington Catholic, 3-0. Hingham awaits the winner of Thursday’s Longmeadow-Newburyport matchup in the Round of 16.
– Six different players – Maggie Pierce, Amanda Forziati, Haylie Grossman, Gabbi Oakes, Kelly Lovett and Jenna Chaplain – each had a goal in #1 St. Mary’s 6-0 win over #32 Medford/Malden.
– The Spartans get Catholic Central League foe Bishop Fenwick in the round of 16 after the Crusaders rallied to knock off Plymouth, 2-1, in overtime. Senior Abbey Millman was the hero with the game-winner. Penny-Levine Stein had Fenwick’s other goal, assisted by Ali Sprissler. Plymouth concludes its season at 10-7-4.
– #8 PLNR defeated fellow Northeastern Hockey League foe #25 Shawsheen/Bedford 4-1 with goals from Hannah Gromko, Penny Spack, Angela Fabbo and Jenna DiNapoli. Ava Buckley had two assists. Shawsheen/Bedford finished at 10-11-0, a year after going 1-19. Up next for PLNR is the winner of Thursday’s Methuen-Tewksbury/Acton Boxboro matchup.
– Kaitlin Bush had a hat trick, and Shelby Nassar and Mia Kmiec each had a goal in #4 HPNA’s 5-0 whitewashing of Marblehead. The Westford Academy/Billerica-Chelmsford winner is next on HPNA’s docket.
– #21 Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake went on the road and took care of #12 Bishop Stang 4-2 thanks to goals from Calliegh Vurlpillate, Jules Connors, Jocelyn Moore and Brenna Hohmann. Kasey Curran and Emily Curran had goals for the Spartans, who ended 13-6-2. WH/SL awaits the winner of Thursday’s Winthrop-Hopkinton/DS game.