– #3 Shrewsbury had its hands full with #14 Pope Francis, grabbing a 2-0 win to move on to the D1 quarterfinals. Blair Fey notched the only goal that the Colonials would need, and then Taylor Ryder sealed it with an empty net goal in the game’s final minute. Up next for the Colonials, #6 Hingham.
– Hingham continues its impressive run, downing #11 Longmeadow, 6-1 in its Round of 16 game. Sophomore Caroline Doherty scored four more goals for the Harborwomen, giving her 45 on the season, while Addison Garrity and Pippa Jelenek each had one.
– #8 Peabody/Lynnfield/North Reading was able to solve defense-minded Methuen/Tewksbury, blanking the Red Rangers 3-0 to move on to the quarterfinal round against top-seeded St. Mary’s. Jenna DiNapoli, Angela Fabbo and Catie Kampersal (empty-netter) had goals for PLNR, and Alyse Mutti made the necessary saves in goal.
– St. Mary’s got the job done against #17 Bishop Fenwick, getting a goal in each period to eliminate Bishop Fenwick, 3-1. Seniors Maggie Pierce, Jenna Chaplain and Amanda Forziati each scored to move the Spartans into the semifinals. Penny Levine-Stein had the Crusaders’ goal and Ella Tucker turned back 40 St. Mary’s shots. The quarterfinal game vs PLNR will be Wednesday at 5pm at Connery Rink.
– #2 Notre Dame Academy blanked the #15 Cape Cod Furies, 4-0, to head to the quarterfinals, where they get either Bishop Feehan or Arlington. Maggie Donahue and Morgan Brady staked the Cougars to a 2-0 advantage. Also scoring were Lauren White and Devin Moore.