– It took two overtimes, but #5 Watertown prevailed over Southeastern Regional/Bristol-Plymouth, 3-2 in the round of 32 MIAA Division 3 tournament on Wednesday. Jack Dickie scored the winning goal with an assist from Aiden Campbell. Dickie scored two of the Raiders’ goals, while Campbell added the other. The Raiders outshot Southeastern Regional, 61-25. The Raiders face either Dracut/Tyngboro or North Quincy Saturday in the Round of 16
– Top-seeded Scituate opened play in the tournament with a 7-0 win against Bishop Stang. Teagen Pratt scored two goals and added an assist for 100 career points. Thomas McMellen earned the shutout. James Sullivan notched a goal and an assist. Johnny Donahue, Nate Sanella, Dan Brown and Shawn Patrick McGuigan also scored.
– Max Caliri scored with three seconds left in the third period, giving North Middlesex a 5-4 win against West Springfield in the round of 32 in the MIAA Division 3 state tournament. The Patriots trailed 4-2 going into the third. Finneas McNab scored to make it a one-goal game and Sean Myers added the tying goal. Myers and Jacob Melvin scored in the first period for North Middlesex. Aaron Scarelli made 25 saves. Liam Pouliot, CJ Labonte, Owen Hall and Chris Torres scored for West Springfield.
– Nashoba Regional advanced with a 2-1 overtime win against Groton-Dunstable. Mason Holmes scored the winning goal for the Wolves in overtime. Ryan May tied the score at 1-1 with 36 seconds left in the third period. Nashoba gets Marlboro in the Round of 16 on Saturday night.
– Second-seeded Lynnfield opened its postseason with a 5-0 victory against Foxboro on Wednesday. Jack Carpenter (2), Drew Damiani, Nick Lucich and Ryan Hooper scored goals for the Pioneers. Lynnfield hosts Methuen on Saturday (12 noon)
– Nauset defeated Pentucket, 5-2. Pete Murphy scored two goals. Aaron Howard, Logan Poulin and Dan Deering each scored one. Nicholas Kutcher scored two goals for Pentucket.
– Methuen overcame a two-goal deficit in the third period to defeat Merrimack Valley Conference/Dual County League rival Bedford, 3-2. Cole Lambert scored the winning goal seven minutes into the third period. Quinn Nolan and Noah Kneeland also scored for the Rangers. Bedford led, 2-0 after two periods with James Lorusso and Charles DeMeo scoring.
– Third-seeded Medfield opened its postseason with a 3-1 victory against Old Rochester/Fairhaven. The score was tied at 1 after two periods. Matt Guindon put the Warriors in the lead with 6:23 left in the third. With 23.9 seconds remaining, James Tyer added an empty-net goal. Michael Perachi scored the Warriors’ first goal with 11:53 left in the second.
– Triton advanced with a 3-2 victory against Danvers. Alex Pasquini scored the winning goal for the Vikings in the second period and after a goalie change, Gavin Marengi helped Triton hold on for the victory with a scoreless third period. Triton took an early 2-0 lead in the first period on goals from Connor Rumpf and Josh Hersey. The Falcons’ Michael DeLisio scored with 17 seconds left in the first to make it 2-1. Vinny Magee scored the tying goal for Danvers with eight minutes remaining in the second.
– Hanover began its quest for another state title with a 6-0 victory against North Reading. Matt Reynolds scored three goals. Tyler Richards scored one. Ryan Coutis assisted on three.
– Marlboro opened the tournament with a 5-0 victory against Middleboro. Dan Esteves made 22 saves to claim the shutout for the Panthers. Sam Hamann scored three goals and Gavin Daly added two.
– Dighton-Rehoboth/Seekonk defeated Taunton, 4-1. After the Tigers took an early 1-0 lead on a goal from Breighdyn Simmons, D-R/S responded with four straight. Adam Bastis scored the first two goals for D-R/S. Noah Bastis scored the third and Conner Dexter added the fourth. Sam Bastsi made 18 saves for D-R/S.