* Nate DelPrete scored in the second overtime and third-seeded Hanover pulled out a 5-4 thriller against No. 14 North Quincy in a matchup of Patriot League rivals at Canton Ice House. Manning Morris had a hat trick, scoring a pair of shorthanded goals and assisting another by Zach Lee for the Indians, who trailed three different times by a goal. Hanover surged ahead 4-3 before Mike Izzo’s second goal tied it up with 4:26 left in regulation. Sean Feeney also had a pair of goals for the Red Raiders. Hanover takes on neighboring rival Norwell in Sunday’s quarterfinals (7:15 p.m., Gallo).
* No. 6 Norwell had seven different scorers, including Drew Casagrande with his first varsity tally, in a 7-0 blanking of No. 11 Blue Hills. Sam Fettucia, Luke Norton, Griffin Vetrano, Harry Reed, Nick Obourn and Justin Spataro also scored for the Clippers, while Sean Ennis posted the shutout.
* No. 7 Foxboro scored four times in the third period, two each from Jack Watts and Ronnie MacLellan, to pull away from No. 10 Abington, 4-0. Kirk Leach had three assists for the Warriors and Espen Reager (14 saves) notched the shutout.
* Ben Baxter and Michael Kornek had four goals apiece and second-seeded St. John Paul II rolled over No. 15 Greater New Bedford, 11-1. Sam Delman, Declan Tolley and D.J. Marrs added the other goals for the Lions. Kornek also had four assists and Baxter three.
* Top seed Hopkinton opened its sectional title defense by holding off No. 17 Silver Lake, 5-3. Kyle Rogers (two goals, assist) and Sean Walsh (goal, three assists) sparked the Hillers, with Ronnie Shamus adding his first career goal shorthanded. Pavit Mehra also had a power play goal and Tommy Hamblet two assists. For the Lakers, Kevin Cardarelli had a pair of goals and Tyler Mason added the other. Hopkinton will take on Bishop Stang in a quarterfinal Sunday at the Canton Ice House (3:25 p.m.).
* Ben Saunders’ hat trick was the difference for No. 9 Bishop Stang in its 5-2 victory against No. 8 Nantucket. Vittorio Consoletti and Matthew Walsh also scored for the Spartans, while Marsh Hickman scored shorthanded and Gavin Fey had the other for the Whalers.
* Liam Marek scored in the second overtime and No. 12 Martha’s Vineyard stunned fifth-seeded Somerset Berkley, 3-2, at Gallo. Hunter Meader had the tying goal in the third period for the Vineyarders. Colby Zarba gave MV a 1-0 lead in the first before Evan Affonso and Matt Costa scored to put the Raiders up, 2-1. Martha’s Vineyard will face Dartmouth in Sunday’s quarterfinals (5:15 p.m., Gallo).
* No. 4 Dartmouth blanked 13th-seeded Rockland, 3-0, getting all three goals in the second period from Sam Canniff, J.P. Frates and Reid Martin. J.P. Kerney earned the shutout for the Indians, while Thomas McSweeney made 37 saves in the loss for the Bulldogs.
* Earlier in the week, Silver Lake took down No. 16 Holliston in a preliminary game, 5-2, at Loring Arena. Tyler Mason scored twice for the Lakers with Jake Generazo, Kevin Cardarelli and Bobby Guilford adding one each. Tommy Labb and Connor Heffernan scored for the Panthers.