– Norwood pulled off the big upset, downing top-seeded Tewksbury 5-2 behind a packed crowd at Breakaway Ice Center. Junior Andrew Gillis led the offense with a hat trick. Rich Carroll and TJ Martin also scored and Anthony Amato had 41 saves in net for the Mustangs. They draw Hopkinton in the quarterfinals (Wednesday, 6pm at NESC). The two TVL rivals met twice this season and split.
– #8 Hopkinton continued to get it done and moved on to the Elite 8 following a 6-3 win over Westwood. Senior Joe Carrazza had a hat trick and Joe Scardino (two goals) and Ryan Teitel also scored. Pavit Mehra chipped in with two assists.
– #4 Walpole took down Auburn in impressive fashion, winning 9-2. The Timberwolves have now scored 18 goals in their first two postseason game. Senior Jason Finkelstein had a day for himself, scoring six goals. Ryan Jackson and Zach Donohue also scored for the Timberwolves who next host Silver Lake in the Quarterfinals on Wednesday (7pm at Rodman Arena).
– Silver Lake held on for a 5-4 win over Gloucester to move to the Elite 8. The Lakers had five different goal scorers in Ben Cronin, Cam Cardarelli, Aiden Dunphy, Pat Murphy and Liam Tompkins and they will square-off with Walpole next. Brett Cunningham had two goals for the Fishermen.
– #2 Duxbury had another big offensive night, blanking Boston Latin, 7-0. Senior Aiden Harrington earned a hat trick while Chris Gillis, Mike Yucius, Brady Walsh and Cormac Weiler all chipped in one. Next up for the Dragons is Wakefield (Wednesday, 7pm at The Bog ) in the Quarterfinals.
– Wakefield held on for a 3-2 win over Algonquin to propel them into the Elite 8. The senior captains led the way for the Warriors as Bobby DeFeo, Matt Elwell and Joe Colliton all scored a goal. Dom DeAngelis was solid in net.
– #4 Canton earned a 6-0 shutout over Wilmington. Junior Pat Drury scored two goals for the Bulldogs and Jeff Chaput, Teddy Shuman, Brian Middleton and AJ Thomas also added one goal each. Sophomore Colin Davis earned the shutout in net. Canton will take on Newburyport (Wednesday, 5:45pm, Gallo Arena) for a trip to the Semi-Finals on the line.
– #6 Newburyport beat Plymouth South 3-2 in overtime in exciting fashion to advance. Senior Braeden Curran scored the game winner for the Clippers. Ryan Philbin, and Jackson Devivo also scored.