The MIAA Division 3 South boys hockey tourney quarterfinal matchups at Gallo Arena in Bourne break down this way on Sunday, March 3.
#12 Dartmouth vs. #4 Bourne, 12:30 p.m.
#3 North Quincy vs. #11 Hopkinton, 2:45 p.m.
#1 Hanover vs. #9 Ashland, 5 p.m.
#10 Coyle Cassidy vs. #2 Norwell, 7:15 p.m.
In preliminary-round action:
* St. John Paul II beat Diman, 5-1. Joey Manning, DJ Marrs, Charlie Barroni and Mike Valerio scored for the winners. Henry Klimm got the win in net. Peter Moniz had the Diman goal.
* Rockland beat Middleboro/Hull, 3-2, in overtime as Evan Gormley scored in the extra session. Gormley had an earlier goal. Joey Salamone added the other goal. Jake Dagesse had two goals for the losers. Goalies Thomas McSweeney (Rockland) and Colin Nevitt (Middleboro/Hull) had outstanding nights in net.
* Nantucket ousted Attleboro, 4-1. Sam O’Keefe, Jack Gammons and Austin Starr (two goals) had the goals for the winning Whalers. Liam McDonough scored for the Bombardiers.
* Foxboro handled Monomoy/Mashpee, 5-1. Kirk Leach had a hat trick for Foxboro, and Ronnie MacLellan and Jack Watts had the other goals.
*Dartmouth pulled off a 5-4 overtime thrilling win over Silver Lake as Kyle Charbonneau got the game-winner. Dartmouth got two goals each from Angelo Nicolosi and Will Cote. Silver Lake got goals from Nick Solari (two assists), Alex Heffernan, Bobby Guilford and Andrew Johnson.
In first-round action:
* Hanover doubled up Nantucket, 4-2, for its 21st win in the last six postseasons. Hanover’s Joe Radzik, Lucas Lanagan, Ethan Davis and Zach Lee had the goals. Nantucket got a goal from Robby Hickman and Cosmo Tedeschi.
* Ashland blanked Martha’s Vineyard, 4-0. Matthew Milko had a hat trick, and Brian Gazzard had two assists and a goal for the winners.
* Norwell shut out St. John Paul II, 6-0. Luke Norton, Cole Berglund, Matthew Ward, Sam Williams, Griffin Vetrano and Harrison Reed had the goals for the Clippers.
*Coyle Cassidy owned Upper Cape Tech, 9-0.
* Hopkinton upset Bishop Stang, 4-0. Steve Simoes, Kyle Rogers, Jacob Weinstock and Tommy Hamblet scored for the Hillers.
*Bourne beat Foxboro, 3-0, thanks to Joe Hess (game-winning goal) and Kyle McGuire’s shutout.