Some highlights from this week’s action in Massachusetts Girls HS hockey…
* Natick continued its strong play, shutting out D1 Braintree 4-0 on the strength of two-goal performances from Molly Burnes and Jacqueline Poulack.
* Longmeadow travelled east and came away with a 3-2 win over Reading. The Lancers got goals from Ashley Barron, Taylor Markstein and Brigitte Goeler-Slough. The Rockets got third period goals from Abby Collins and Cat Paradis.
* Gracie Bruno scored a pair of goals to lead Needham to a 4-1 win over Norwood. Celia Blaszkowsky and Madeline Doyle also had goals for the Rockets.
* D1 #1 Austin Prep kept on rolling with a 4-0 shutout win over Arlington. Maeve Crehan, Kendra Currier, Maddie Rinklin and Elyse Lyons each had a goal for the Cougars.
* HPNA slipped past Melrose 3-2 in a non-league battle. Freshman Rachel Neyman scored twice and Jade Julius the other.
* Franklin got a hat trick from Jackie Connelly, two goals from Regan Patterson and single tallies from Amanda Lewandowski, Jordan Dwyer and Victoria Quinn in an 8-0 shutout of Dedham.
* Megan Powers and Lindsay Malmin each had a goal as Marshfield deadlocked Dennis-Yarmouth 2-2.
* Peabody/Lynnfield picked up a 5-2 win over Beverly/Danvers. Five different players – Kathryn DiGiulio, Sammi Mirasolo, Jen Flynn, Mae Norton and Kaydee Purcell – each lit the lamp in the win.
* Abby Stafford scored twice and Sophia Kennedy had one as Winthrop scored a 3-1 non-league win over Waltham.
* Down 2-0 in the third period, Brookline/Newton South stormed back with goals from Emily Autor, Cassie Terranova and Maddy Brandt for a 3-2 win over Concord-Carlisle.
* Kaylen Taddia, Carolyn Curley and Kelly Golini each had a goal in D1 #4 Methuen/Tewksbury’s 3-1 win over Boston Latin.
* Meghan Gorman scored twice and Nicole Connor had one to lead King Philip to a 3-2 win over Medway/Ashland.
* Duxbury doubled up on Marshfield, 6-3, getting a pair of goals from Molly Duvall and one each from Jackie Hayden, Leah Yucius, Lucy Williams and Grace High.
* Amanda Janowicz had two goals, and Audra Tosone and Olivia Malone each scored in Walpole’s 4-3 win over Needham.
* D2 #2 Wellesley blanked Longmeadow, 3-0, with goals from Bliss Vernon, McKenzie O’Neil and Phoebe Lawrence.
* Billerica/Chelmsford had an impressive 5-0 win over Westwood getting a pair of goals each from Maya Dube and Grace Flanagan. Clare Conway also had a goal for B/C/
* Rachel Dwyer notched a hat trick, and Seana McEneaney, McKenzie Curtice and Sarah Schoote had a goal apiece as Barnstable downed Bishop Stang, 6-1.