There was plenty of action in Massachusetts Girls HS hockey over the holiday week. Here is a look at some highlights:
* Westwood was crowned champions of the Canton Ice House Invitational, using two goals apiece from Kat Keith and Olivia Jordan in a 5-1 win over Canton. Emma Conway had the other goal for the Wolverines.
* D1 #4 Andover won the Boston Latin Christmas Tournament, blanking Matignon 4-0 with two goals from Callie Wiley, and single strikes from Emma Gilmartin and Lauren Adams.
* Notre Dame Academy remained unbeaten with a 3-1 win over Winchester. The Cougars got goals from Alexa Graziano, Kelly Morrissey and Caelan Stewart.
* Samantha McKenzie had all three of her team’s goals in a 3-2 win over Barnstable down on the Cape. Seanna McEneaney and Rachel Aalto scored for the Red Raiders.
* Mackenzie Russo had two goals and an assist and Bella Shaw contributed a goal and three assists to lead Woburn to a 6-1 win over Burlington.
* Ana Driscoll’s goal with 10 minutes left in the third period was all the scoring in Brookline’s 1-0 win over Wilmington. Caroline Davis notched her second straight shutout in the nets for the Warriors.
* Nicole Hersey had a hat trick and Karoline O’Toole scored twice as Archbishop Williams cruised to an 8-1 win over Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake. Mackenzie Heath, MaciKate O’Brien and Mary Kate Clougherty each had a goal as well.
* D1 #3 Duxbury won its sixth straight game to start the season, blanking Medway-Ashland 3-0. Lucy Williams, Molly Duvall and Kiley Erickson all scored in the win. Rachel Gittings had 46 saves for Medway-Ashland.
* D1 #9 Masconomet got back on the winning track with a 6-0 shutout win over Marblehead. Abby Gendron‘s two goals led the offensive attack. Isabel Hulse, Mikayla Vincent, Erin Irons and Cali Caponigro each had a goal as well win the win.
* Peabody/Lynnfield/North Reading rode the two-goal performance of Sammie Mirasolo and one goal from Jen Flynn to notch a key 3-2 Northeast League win over Winthrop.
* Elizabeth LePage had a hat trick to lead Bishop Stang to a 6-1 win over the Cape Cod Furies. Raquel Reis, Catie Bruneau and Emmaline Alden also scored.
* Waltham blanked Concord-Carlisle 4-0 with goals from Janice O’Neil, Isla MacPherson, Angalisa Caceda and Jessica McPherson, and a shutout from Caitlyn Burke in goal.
* Marshfield outslugged Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake 7-6. Leading the attack for the Rams were Maddie Mosca with the hat trick and Maddie Ames with a pair of goals.
* Lauren Fitzpatrick‘s second goal gave Canton a 3-2 OT win over Medfield in a Canton Ice House Invitational first round game. Maggie Malloy also scored for the Bulldogs. The game goes down as a 2-2 tie for MIAA purposes.
* Two goals apiece from Lia Kourkoutas and Katelin Hally powered Wilmington to a 6-1 win over Ursuline Academy. Zoe DeRose and Ida Bishop each had a goal as well.