* D1 #2 St. Mary’s emerged victorious in its early-season showdown with #6 Reading, pulling away in the third period for a 5-1 win to remain unbeaten. Samantha Porazinski had a pair of goals for the Spartans. Mady Hentosh, Kate Gray and Kelsey Sullivan also scored. Sydney Conte notched the lone Reading tally.
* In another matchup of D1 Top 10 teams, #4 Andover (7-0-1) rode the hat-trick performance from senior Emma Gilmartin and two goals from Lauren Adams to knock off #9 Masconomet, 5-2.
* D1 #5 Methuen-Tewksbury downed Marblehead, 9-1. Julia Masotta scored three goals and Cassidy Gruning and Ryan Quinn added two each in the win.
* Norwood senior Allie McDonough had quite the night Wednesday, scoring all four of her team’s goals in a 4-4 standoff with Dedham.
* D2 #1 Wellesley blanked Framingham, 5-0, led by two goals from Danielle Cimino and single tallies from Emily Rourke, Grace Dore and Bridget Noonan. An interesting note in this one: Framingham leading scorer Georgia Parker played in goal to fill in and played very well.
* Hingham got goals from Gianna Merian and Julia Salvucci to tie up D1 #3 Duxbury, 2-2. Emily Ballerene and Kiley Erickson scored for the Dragons.
* In a wild one in New Bedford, Bishop Stang outlasted Barnstable, 6-5. The Spartans used two goals from Janey Silvia and Sara Mullin, and single tallies from Raquel Reis and Elizabeth LePage for the win. For Barnstable, Cate McNulty and Seanna McEneaney each had a pair of goals.
* Dennis-Yarmouth knocked off King Philip, 3-1, as Ava McGaffigan scored twice and Izzy O’Reilly once.
* D2 #2 Westwood blanked Medway-Ashland, 3-0. Hannah Blomquist scored twice for the Wolverines, and freshman sister Kendall Blomquist added the third goal.
* Brookline and Newton Co-op skated to a 2-2 standoff. Caroline Driscoll and Willa Frantzis had goals for the Warriors, while Lydia Mastroianni and Caroline Pratt countered for Newton.
* Audra Tosone had the hat trick and Olivia Malone and Andrea Wilbur added scores to lead Walpole (6-1-0) to a 5-1 conquest of Weymouth.
* Emma Carleton had a goal and two assists, and Mia Martucci and Julia Holmes each had a goal in Winthrop’s 3-0 shutout win over Watertown. Bella Perrotti chipped in with a pair of assists.
* Lincoln-Sudbury had a solid 4-0 win over Belmont behind two goals from Sophie Ensley and singles from Kim Lucier and Izzy Acquaviva, and shutout netminding from Julia Provvisionato. Ensley, a freshman, has 15 goals in L-S’ first eight games (6-2-0).
* Franklin edged Canton, 3-2, in a battle of Hockomock League powers. Regan Patterson had a pair of goals for the Panthers and Jordan Dwyer added one.
* Goals by Nikki Rinkus and Victoria McLaughlin enabled Pembroke to earn a 2-2 tie with Cohasset-Hanover.