* No. 9 St. John’s of Shrewsbury (8-3-3) knocked off Marshfield, 6-2, in non-league action, bolstered by Will Horrigan (2 goals, 2 assists), Sean Clark (2 goals) and Nick Palermo (goal, 2 assists). Corey Splaine (20 saves) continued to excel in the Pioneers’ cage. Tim Doyle (assist) and Paul Rorke connected for Marshfield.
* In the Catholic Conference, No. 6 St. John’s Prep (7-3-2) and No. 14 Xaverian (5-6-2) played to a 2-all tie. The hosting Hawks scored first and last with Ryan Pompaselli (SHG) and Bobby Bedard bracketing second-period goals by SJP’s Brian Carrabes and Zack McKennelly.
* No. 3 BC High (10-3-1) claimed the Catholic Conference title with its 5-0 shutout of No. 12 Catholic Memorial (5-6-2). Matt Keohane scored the game-winner for the Eagles who also got goals from Tom Kramer, Peter Kramer, Matt Lakus (SHG) and Danny O’Connell. CM keeper Brendan Clancy (29 saves) was immense in defeat.
* In non-league action, No. 13 Malden Catholic quieted Mount St. Charles of Rhode Island, 5-0, with senior Matt Johnston posting the shutout in his first career start. The Lancers’ Jerry Bazile scored one goal and set up the game-winner by Bernie Gillis in the first period
* Senior goalie Ken Hodge had 21 saves as No. 17 Newburyport (8-1-5) extended its unbeaten streak to 10 games (7-0-3) to qualify for the post-season in a 3-1 win against No. 10 St. Mary’s (8-3-3). Juniors Pat Leary (assist), Cade Beauparlant and Jacob Grossi-Hogg scored as the Clippers claimed 3-of-4 points from the defending D1 State Champs this season. Anthony Bono had the Spartans’ goal.
* In the Catholic Central Large, No. 5 Austin Prep (10-4-1) cruised past Arlington Catholic, 6-2. AP got two goals apiece from J.J. Harding and Will Cohen and one each from Kevin Urquhart and Dylan Arnold.
*In a Middlesex League crossover, No. 4 Burlington (12-2-0) repelled a mighty upset bid by Lexington, coming from behind with three third-period goals. Ryan O’Halloran tied it, Frankie Bonanno won it and Sean Casey added an ENG. Chris Gedick gave the Red Devils a 1-0 lead. Nick Marten and Joe Hunt had Lexington’s goals.
*In the Hockomock League, No. 7 Franklin (10-1-3) repelled Oliver Ames, 4-1, to qualify for the post-season. Zac Falvey, Jeremy Miller, Scott Elliot and Tom Tasker found the net for the Panthers.
*In Bay State Herget play, No. 16 Wellesley (10-1-3) squeezed past Natick, 4-3. Emmett Coakley delivered the game-winner for the Raiders. Natick (9-3-2) maintains a one-point lead in the division title race. The teams meet again on Feb. 14.
*In the Bay State Carey, Needham knocked off Newton North, 4-1. The Rockets’ goals came from Tom Fachetti, Phil Pascucci, Kurt Brinkhaus and Patrick Canavan. Dylan Jones registered 18 saves.