Division 1 Weekend Highlights:
* Senior goalie Dan Laurson yielded nothing as Independent St. John’s (S) shut out Marshfield, 4-0, completing a season sweep of the Rams. Senior Sean Clark led the Pioneers with two goals and juniors Andrew Dowd and Matt McLellan added one each.
* In an epic Catholic Conference matchup of HNIB Top 5 clubs, Xaverian tripped up BC High, 3-1. Jack Silva delivered the game-winner for the Hawks with less than three minutes to play after Ryan Pomposelli had tied it. Both teams had goals disallowed in the third period.
* In a key Bay State Carey clash, Framingham came from behind twice and upended Natick, 3-2. Will Trischitta delivered the GWG for the Flyers. Sean McWhinnie and Jordan McCall twice staked the Redhawks to one-goal leads.
* Middlesex League Freedom Division stalwart Burlington silenced Independent Hingham, 3-0. Ryan O’Halloran, Zach Aubie and Cam Costa scored for the Red Devils, who have ripped off eight consecutive wins.
* In the Middlesex League Liberty Division, much improved Woburn stopped Lexington, 4-1. Junior captains Jonathan Surrette and Lance Anderson scored two goals each for the Tanners.
* In the Cape Ann League, Newburyport rattled off five unanswered goals in a 5-2 victory against Triton. Junior Ryan Archer (2 goals) delivered the game-winner. Senior captain Ben Reynolds, junior Colin Richmond and sophomore John Groth added one each for the Clippers.
* Catholic Memorial of the Catholic Conference subdued Falmouth of the Cape & Islands Atlantic Division, 4-1. Glen Considine scored twice and Gavin Havens and Max Casper had a goal apiece for the Knights.
* In the Catholic Central Large, unbeaten St. Mary’s silenced Arlington Catholic, 6-0, behind sophomore goalie Owen Giagrande’s 22 saves. Sophomore defenseman Davis Kinne blasted in a pair of power play goals for the Spartans. Chris Kolodziej, Kyle LoNigro, Brady Carpenter and Max Giardina also scored.
* Archbishop Williams of the Catholic Central Large enjoyed a productive weekend, capturing the Lancer Beanpot Tournament in Shelton, CT. Chris Koylion scored two goals in a 5-2 championship game victory against Prout of Rhode Island. The Bishops stopped St. Dom’s of Lewiston, ME in the semifinals, 4-1.
In a stellar performance, Needham’s sophomore goalie Oliver Lamadieu turned back 42 shots in a 4-0 loss to Bay State Conference Herget Division leader Braintree.
Other key results:
St. John’s Prep 2, Malden Catholic 2
Andover 3, Central Catholic 0
Arlington 3, Winchester 2
Barnstable 4, Sandwich 1
Winthrop 3, Bp. Fenwick 2