* In the Catholic Conference, No. 9 St. John’s Prep completed a season sweep of No. 5 Xaverian with an impressive 5-1 road win. Zach McKennelley scored twice for the Eagles and Matt Taylor, Jack Gilligan and Cam Russo (first varsity goal) added a goal apiece.
* Independent No. 16 Shrewsbury kept on rolling with a 3-1 win against Needham. Junior Jamison Alicandro potted a pair of goals for the Colonials, 5-0-1 in their last six. Junior defenseman Jack O’Brien also scored.
* Ryan McCarthy’s hat trick drove Winchester past Stoneham, 6-1, in Middlesex League crossover action. Michael Nigro, Angelo Mario and Brady Lynch also scored for the Sachems.
* In the MVC/DCL One, Matt O’Toole broke a scoreless tie with 2:55 to play, pushing No. 17 Waltham past Andover, 1-0, in a game otherwise dominated by goalies Jake Perry (Waltham) and Jake Brezner (Andover).
* In another Middlesex League crossover, Belmont bested Newton North, 3-0, behind senior goalie Nico Carere’s shutout. Junior Henry Stonehouse scored twice, including his first varsity tally. Senior Matt Brody also scored and junior Ben Fici assisted on all three Marauders’ goals.
* No. 7 Catholic Memorial of the Catholic Conference and Independent No. 10 Hingham skated to a 1-1 draw. Brendan MacNeil scored the tying goal for the Knights. Bob Falvey scored for the Harbormen.
* In a Bay State Conference Carey Division encounter, No. 18 Natick edged Wellesley, 1-0. Junior Will Genaske had the lone goal and sophomore Luke Gagnon pitched the shutout for the Redhawks.
* Also in the Bay State Carey, No. 3 Framingham clamped down on Brookline, 5-1, behind a pair of Will Trischitta goals. Cole Deletti, Joe Ferrante and Ryan Shimelman also scored for the Flyers.
* In the Cape and Islands Atlantic Division, Falmouth defeated No. 20 Barnstable, 4-3, in OT to pick up an extra point in the standings. The game is a tie for MIAA Tournament qualification purposes. Darren McDonald scored the OT game-winner for Falmouth and Stone Devlin had two goals and an assist. Jack Sciopone, Dillon Huntington and Brian Frieh scored for Barnstable.
* No. 6 BC High fell to No. 8 Pope Francis, 3-1, in Springfield. The Eagles managed only a power play goal by freshman Ryan Flaherty despite a 35-shot attack.
* Reading picked up a key Middlesex League win, outlasting Melrose 5-3. Sean Barbera, Cam Lawhorne, Landyn Greatorex, Jake Donovan and Evan Pennucci each lit the lamp for the Rockets. Charlie Haggerty had a pair of goals for Melrose.
Other key results:
No. 1 Burlington 2, Lexington 1
No. 4 Arlington 4, Wilmington 1
No. 11 Austin Prep 4, Archbishop Williams 0
No. 13 Reading 5, Melrose 3
Walpole 4, Milton 1