* Gavin Havens scored the game-winner late in the third period, Glen Considine added an empty-netter, and Dom Walecka had 15 saves as Catholic Memorial shut down St. John’s Prep, 2-0, in the Catholic Conference.
* Unbeaten St. Mary’s pulled away from Andover, 4-1, with three late goals. Brady Bullock scored the game-winner with less than four minutes to play and Kyle LoNigro added two ENGs.
* Independent Shrewsbury earned a solid 4-1 win against Mansfield behind a hat trick from Jamison Alicandro. Owen Cardosi also scored. The Colonials face in-town rival St. John’s of Shrewsbury tonight for city bragging rights.
* Matt Brody and Ben Fici popped in two goals apiece to lead Belmont past Lexington, 5-2, in Middlesex League Liberty Division action.
* Senior forwards Chris Cordeiro and Jack Sciopone scored two goals each in Barnstable’s 5-2 win against Dennis-Yarmouth. William Jones also scored. Junior Nolan Soares earned his first varsity win.
* Brock Casey and Ryan Pomposelli both scored twice and Kevin McGrath registered the shutout as Xaverian roared past Needham, 8-0, in non-league play.
* Archbishop Williams of the Catholic Central Large doubled up Independent St. John’s of Shrewsbury, 6-3, behind two goals each from Nick Recupero and Christian Koylion. Tommy Page and Aidan McDonnell also connected for the Bishops.
* Junior Ryan Concannon racked up two goals and two assists, junior Eddie Perry scored twice and junior Brandon Sinclair amassed 36 saves as Bridgewater-Raynham topped Dartmouth, 4-1, in the Southeast Conference.
* In the mid-week battle between Hockey Night In Boston’s top two squads, BC High squeezed past Framingham, 2-1. Senior Matt Keohane and junior Colin Norton both scored power play goals. Junior defenseman John Logan had two assists.
* In the MVC/DCL One, Billerica cruised past Andover, 5-2. Jake Marini and Matt Livingston netted two goals each. Alex Culot also scored and goalie Connor Feeney stopped a penalty shot.