* No. 4 Catholic Memorial earned a share of the Catholic Conference title Wednesday night with a 3-0 shutout of No. 13 Malden Catholic. The Knights – now tied for first with BC High, which has completed its league schedule – can clinch the crown with a tie or win against Malden Catholic when the teams meet again on Feb. 17 at the Malden Valley Forum. Dom Walecka stopped 18 shots to cool down Malden Catholic, which had been 4-1-3 in its previous eight games. Paul Guiney (assist), Jonny Nichols and Mac Casper scored for CM. Will MacNeil served up two assists.
* In a match-up of certain Division 1A Tournament qualifiers, No. 1 Arlington tied No. 2 BC. High, 2-2, on junior defenseman Dom Laiosa’s goal with little more than two minutes to play. Junior Declan Joyce had given the Eagles a 2-1 lead two minutes earlier. BCH senior Coleman Benson scored in the first period. Spy Ponders’ senior Brendan Jones tied it with a power play goal in the second period.
* In non-league action, No. 11 St. John’s Prep twice trailed by two goals (2-0 and 4-2) but scrapped back for a 4-4 tie with Andover on Jake DiNapoli’s second goal of the game early in the third period. Cam Russo added a pair of power play goals for the Eagles. Steve Ingram scored twice for Andover. Evan Arpin and Anton Pace added a goal apiece.
* In the Catholic Conference Large, junior forward Conor Kelly popped in a pair of goals and defenseman Alex Umbro scored the game-winner as Archbishop Williams tripped up No. 10 St. Mary’s, 4-1.
* Sophomore Ryan Goodwin made it 1-0 in the first period, junior Colin Mulvey connected for the game-winner in the second period and No. 17 Reading went on to defeat Winchester, 4-1, in Middlesex League Liberty Division action.
* In the Catholic Central Large, Arlington Catholic shut out Lowell Catholic, 3-0, behind goalie Trevor Lally’s shutout. Thomas Milne, Adam Haytayan and Nico Russo scored the Cougars’ goals.
* No. 3 Framingham fended off Needham, 2-0, in a Bay State Conference crossover to remain unscathed (11-0-0) in league play. Ryan Shimelman scored in the second period and Jared Shimelman connected in the third.
* In another Bay State Conference crossover, Bobby Carew (assist) scored twice to lead Milton past Brookline, 5-2. Jimmy Fallon, John Walsh and Finn Doherty also scored and Ryan Dexter made 29 saves.
* No. 6 Xaverian doubled up Marshfield, 4-2, in non-league action. Jack Silva (2 goals, assist) and Ryan Pomposelli (goal, 2 assists) powered the Hawks. Braden O’Hare also scored. Nick Sourletis and Griffin Mudge scored for the Rams.
* Belmont secured its third tournament berth in four years with a 4-1 win against Lexington in Middlesex Liberty Division action. The Marauders packed their scoring into the third period as Ben Fici scored twice and Marco Santagati and Nolan Duffy had a goal apiece. Nico Carere had 20 saves for the win.
* No. 13 Malden Catholic knocked off New Hampshire No. 4 Bishop Guertin, 1-0, on Monday. Defenseman Ty Blumberg scored the game’s only goal, Brady Roux had a 15-save shutout and Brendan Curtis had an assist for the Lancers, who stretched their record to 4-1-3 in their last eight games.
* In perhaps the season’s biggest shocker, D3 North Quincy stunned reigning D1 State Champion No. 12 Duxbury, 3-1, on Monday to end an 11-year winless drought against the Green Dragons. Nick Demio scored Duxbury’s lone goal for a 1-0 lead in the first period.
* Also, on Monday, No. 8 Burlington of the Middlesex League blanked Walpole of the Bay State Conference, 5-0, in non-league play, powered by Cam Costa’s two goals.