– Kayla Anderson‘s second goal of the game, just a split-second before the final buzzer, gave Ursuline Academy a stunning 2-1 win over host #3 Arlington Catholic. Anderson was able to put home the rebound of a shot from Meghan Lawler to give Ursuline this huge win.
After Danielle Kelley had given AC a 1-0 lead in the second period, Anderson’s first goal, assisted by Kellie Popkin, tied the score. Ursuline’s Ivory Hestmark was solid in goal for the win.
“I am very proud of the way we played (tonight),” said Ursuline coach John Enright. “We never gave up and played until the buzzer. Starting with some great defense and unbelievable goaltending from Ivory Hestmark. It was great to see Kayla net two goals, but I also thought that Meg Lawler played some outstanding hockey.”
Ursuline has another tough one this Saturday against Falmouth.
– Westwood (4-0-2) held off Medfield, 3-2, on the strength of goals from Kelly Healey, Kat Heidelberger and Ela Hazar. Grace Crowell had both goals for Medfield.
– Alaina Ewing scored three goals to power Winchester to a 4-1 win over Lexington in the Middlesex League.
– Dennis Yarmouth doubled up on Bourne/Mashpee/Wareham by a 4-2 score. The Dolphins got goals from Michaela Donohue, Katie Donohue, Natalie Reid and Sam Shastany in the win.
– Milton squeezed past Natick, 1-0, as Julia Scannell notched the goal and Sarah Park earned the shutout in goal with 23 saves.
– Goals by Cecily Docktor, Amy Dore, and Carley Boyle propelled Wellesley to a 3-0 shutout win over Walpole.
– Masconomet and Marblehead skated to a 3-3 deadlock in the Northeastern Hockey League. Emma Brophy, Emmarose Winder and Brittany Smith had Marblehead goals, while Nell Criscione, Isabelle Sarra and Maddy Werner tallied for the Chieftains.
– A third period goal by Sam Callahan proved to be the difference as St. Mary’s edged Hingham, 2-1, in a battle of Division I Top Ten clubs. Katarina Roy also scored for St. Mary’s, while Cat Linehan countered for the Harborwomen. Lauren Skinnion had another strong game in goal for the Lady Spartans.
– Barnstable (3-0-3) remained unbeaten with a 4-0 blanking of Canton. Caroline Spait scored twice for the Red Raiders, who got single tallies from Lindsey Phelan and Danielle Desrosier.
– Falmouth cruised to a 10-2 win over Sandwich. Madison Haberl had three goals and Alexa Scribner added two for the Clippers.