Dighton-Rehoboth/Seekonk preserved its perfect record and unbeaten streak, but not without a battle from South Coast Conference rival Somerset Berkley.
Liam Fecteau scored a pair of goals, including the icebreaker just 10 seconds into the game, and the Falcons never trailed in a 4-3 win. Matt Cunha and Noah Bastis had the other goals for D-R/Seekonk, which had to survive a strong SB comeback to improve to 9-0 and push its unbeaten streak to 20 games dating back to the start of the 2020-21 season.
– Hopedale continued its unbeaten run with a 5-1 win over Minnechaug, as Cam Collins had a hat trick and Jake Frohn added two goals and an assist.
– Matignon broke out the offensive in a big way on a night of milestones to beat St. Joseph Prep, 9-0, in the Catholic Central. Derek DeJon scored the first four goals of his career for the Warriors and also had three assists. Daniel Liu, Michael Logiudice and Thomas Lewis-Bowen also earned their first career goals in the win, Paul Magalhaes had a goal and three assists, and Justin Bamberger his second career shutout.
– Cam Caron had a goal and two assists for Dracut/Tyngsboro in its 5-1 win over Cambridge in Dual County/Merrimack Valley 3 play. Mike Desmarais added a goal and assist, and D/T also got goals from Tommy Workman, Drew DuRoss and Jack Michaud.
– Jack Allard scored twice and Methuen beat Dracut Tyngsboro, 4-1, to clinch its first tournament berth in five years. Owen Kneeland added a goal and three assists for the Rangers, Noah Kneeland a goal and assist, and Owen O’Brien made 34 saves.
– Essex Tech had no trouble with Minuteman, 10-2, in the Commonwealth Athletic Conference. Nick LoConte and Jonathan Daley (assist) led the Hawks with two goals apiece for the Hawks, and David Egan added a goal and three assists.
– Thao Lanagan scored twice to spark Hanover in its 5-1 Patriot League win over Plymouth South. Max DaSilva, Nolan Faherty and Jack Watson rounded out the scoring for the Hawks.
– Jack Carr netted a hat trick for Medway in its 6-2 win over Ashland in the Tri-Valley League. Evan Monaghan made 29 saves for the Mustangs, who added goals from Alex Infanger, Thomas Creonte and Jackson Bridges.
– James Nichol netted the lone goal for Bedford in its 1-0 nonleague win over Melrose.
– Justin Gouveia notched a hat trick as Bishop Stang battled to a 3-3 tie with Nantucket.
– Lucas Cook’s first varsity goal pushed Lynnfield past Groton-Dunstable, 5-1. Chase Carney continued his hot season with a pair of goals for the Pioneers. Nick Lucich and Aiden Burke also scored.
– Will Chatterton, Jackson Belsan and Joe Cahill all scored their first varsity goals as Scituate cruised past Southeastern, 8-2. Brendan Boyle led the Sailors with a pair of goals, with Dan Brown, Teagen Pratt and Jim Sullivan chipping in the others.
– Connor Lavery scored a pair of power play goals in the third period and North Middlesex edged past Lexington, 2-1. Aaron Scarelli made 33 saves for the Patriots.
– Kameron Pierce (three goals, two assists) and Billy Johns (goal, four assists) continued to spark the offense for Nashoba in its 9-0 win over Northbridge. Jack Peterson earned the shutout for the Wolves.
– Travis Arnold’s second goal of the game was the difference in East Longmeadow’s 3-2 overtime win over Belchertown. Arnold also assisted on Christopher Sherwood’s goal for the Spartans.
– Luke Castor scored the overtime goal that gave West Springfield a 2-1 win over Longmeadow. Liam Connelly added a goal for the Terriers.