A pair of program record milestones highlighted Wednesday night’s Division 2 action in Massachusetts boys hockey.
* Pentucket’s Richie Hardy notched an assist for his 120th career point, tying Bill Bomba’s program record in a 6-2 loss to North Reading in the Cape Ann League. Hardy set up Cam Smith’s goal in the late stages of the game. Sal Schille scored twice and Nicholas Pasquale added three assists for the Hornets in the victory.
* Meanwhile, Tyler Lovendale broke the mark for most points by a Carver player in Wareham/Carver’s 10-8 loss to Old Rochester/Fairhaven in the South Coast Conference. Lovendale finished with a hat trick for the Vikings and now has 116 career points, while Michael Tobin’s three goals led ORR/Fairhaven.
* Brendan Vacca’s tiebreaking goal late in the first half propelled Wakefield past Burlington, 3-1, in a Middlesex Freedom matchup. Matt Moniz and Evan Simoneau also scored for the Warriors.
* Matt McMillan had two goals and an assist, and Masconomet improved to 3-0 in its first Northeastern Conference go-round with an 8-1 win over Peabody. Joe Young scored his first varsity goal and added an assist for Masco, which also got a goal and assist each from Logan Campbell, Josh Brann and Parker Defeo.
* Gloucester got goals from Jack Delaney and Colby Jewell to edge past Winthrop, 2-1. Sean Bergin made 17 saves for the Fishermen.
* Chris Regnetta, Dante Mauro, and Jason Caron accounted for the goals for Saugus in its 3-3 NEC tie with Swampscott.
* Danny O’Brien scored twice and Medway held off Norton, 6-5, in a Tri-Valley League thriller. Ryan Moran made his first varsity start in goal to get the win for the Mustangs, who were led offensively by Sean Murphy’s goal and three assists. Tom Creonte also scored his first varsity goal, and Nathan Girard added a goal and assist.
* George Tolman scored his first two career goals and Jack Curran also notched his first varsity tally as Norwood outlasted Holliston, 7-5, in a TVL matchup. Jake Russo and Brian Metayer also had a pair of goals each for the Mustangs.
* Austin Verge and Medfield blanked Dover-Sherborn/Weston, 7-0, in the Tri-Valley League. Seven different players scored for the Warriors.
* Pembroke improved to 4-3 in the Patriot League with its 7-3 victory over North Quincy. Nolan Holloway had two goals and an assist for the Titans, and Kevin Piciarello scored his first varsity goal and added an assist. Kyle Piciarello and Brandon Perry also had a goal and assist each, and James Stone (21 saves) also dished out an assist from his goalie position.
* Carter Mento’s hat trick sparked Plymouth North to a 6-1 victory over Whitman-Hanson. Evan Hallissey added a goal and two assists, Jack O’Connell and Pat Driscoll each scored, and Kevin Norwood had four assists for the Blue Eagles.
* Ben Williamson made 21 saves as North Andover battled Merrimack Valley Conference power Central Catholic to a scoreless tie through regulation, but the Scarlet Knights fell in overtime, 1-0.
* Tyler Scoppetuolo scored twice and Lynnfield blanked Rockport, 6-0, in the Cape Ann League. Owen Kennedy, Will Steadman, Brenden Henehan and Chase Carney added goals for the Pioneers, who got a 17-save shutout from Jake Debenedictis.