Wednesday night was not a good night to be an unbeaten Division 2 boys hockey team, particularly in the Northeastern Conference.
* Eli Feingold finished with a hat trick and Marblehead handed Gloucester its first loss of the season, 6-4, in the Northeastern Conference. Will Shull also scored twice for the Headers and Nick Peters made 27 saves.
* Winthrop rode the goaltending of senior Ryan Holverdale and its typically strong team defense to blank previously unbeaten Masconomet, 2-0.
* Peabody knocked off Swampscott, 4-1, in a Northeastern Conference battle, as Michael Ryan and Trevor Pacheco notched their first varsity goals for the Tanners. Andrew Souza and Matt Devin rounded out the scoring.
* Dylan Alves scored his first two varsity goals and Austin Bernard added a pair in Beverly’s 10- 0 victory over Saugus.
* Dedham handed Medway its first loss of the season, 6-3, in a Tri-Valley League matchup. Brendan Stamm’s hat trick led the Marauders, with Mark Steele adding two goals and Matt Sollis chipping in the other.
* In a Merrimack Valley Conference battle of unbeatens, Tewksbury knocked off Central Catholic, 4-3, in the Merrimack Valley Conference. Caden Connors and Cole Stone had goals during a five-minute power play to swing the game in favor of the Redmen. Stone finished with a pair of goals and Will Cooke added the first of his career. Chase Perault made 24 saves.
* Brendan Donnelly scored twice, including a second-period power play goal to lift North Andover past Billerica, 3-1, in the Merrimack Valley Conference. C.J. Carpentier added a goal for the Scarlet Knights, who also got a big game in net from Ben Williamson.
* Wakefield capped a season sweep of Burlington with a 2-1 victory behind goals from Cal Tryder and Brendan Vacca. Entering this season the Warriors had been winless in 19 straight against the Red Devils dating back to the 2011 season.
* Wilmington squandered a second-half lead, but still managed a 3-3 tie with Melrose. Robert Courtney scored twice and Chris Bernazani had the other for the Wildcats.
* Scituate kicked off a huge week with a 4-2 victory over Hanover in the Patriot League, sparked by a goal and assist apiece from Evan McBrien and Brendan Boyle. James Sullivan and Cam Swan added the other goals for the Sailors. … Next up was 4-0 victory over Plymouth South on goals by Swan, Dan Brown, Thomas Cappadona and Boyle.
* Pembroke tied Plymouth South, 3-3, on goals from Ryan Mulhern, Brendan McCabe and Kyle Piciarello.
* Junior Dane Carter had two goals and three assists, and freshman Jay Carter collected two goals and a pair of assists as Concord-Carlisle took down Cambridge, 7-4, in the Dual County League. Junior Carter O’Brien added a pair of goals for the Patriots, with sophomore Noah Thorpe chipping in a goal and assist.
* Behind four goals and an assist from Jacob Noyes, Lincoln-Sudbury ran its unbeaten streak to 19 games with a 7-3 victory over Newton South. Brendan Quinn added two goals and two assists for the Warriors, who are 7-0 this season and last suffered defeat on Jan. 27, 2020 against St. John’s (Shrewsbury).
* Sandwich followed up its 1-1 tie against Falmouth by blanking Nauset, 3-0, in a Cape & Islands matchup. Mitchell Norkevicius earned the shutout for the Blue Knights behind goals from Jack Greeley, Robert Cardillo and Mike Barrasso.
* Austin Comery had his first varsity goal and added two assists, lifting North Attleboro past Foxboro, 5-3, in the Hockomock League. Brody Gaulin also got his first goal for the Red Rocketeers, with Tyler Sarro, Brady Sarro and Sam Clarke also finding the scoresheet.
* Lynnfield used a four-goal second period to pull away from Pentucket, 6-1, in the Cape Ann League. Drew Damiani, Alex Buonopane, Chase Carney and Will Steadman boosted the Pioneers offensively.
* Dighton-Rehoboth/Seekonk’s offense exploded for 11 goals on back-to-back nights. First was an 11-4 win over Wareham/Carver, led by Noah Bastis’ hat trick and two goals each from Devin Dailey and Aiden Boothe. Then the Falcons had 10 different scorers, led by Liam Bradbury’s pair, in an 11-1 conquest of Greater New Bedford.
* Michael Tobin’s two goals and assist sparked Old Rochester/Fairhaven to a 4-3 victory over Bourne. Chris Gauvin added a goal and two assists for the Bulldogs, Luke Long also scored, and Ben Austin chipped in two assists.