Jake Higgins had a game that will be tough to beat at any level of Massachusetts hockey this season. The senior dished out six assists and also had the other goal to lead Rockland to a 7-0 nonleague win over South Shore. Ben Romer and Logan Murphy each converted two of Higgins’ feeds into goals for the Bulldogs.
* Quinn Devin and Micah Beltrami combined for the shutout, and Quinn Simmons scored twice in Norwell’s 7-0 win over North Quincy. Ronan Schipani, Austin Shea, Joe Daly, Timmy Ward and Declan Devin added goals as the Clippers improved to 3-0.
* Ryan Hanson scored twice and Finnegan Whelden had the game-winner in a four-goal third period for Upper Cape, which outlasted Greater New Bedford, 6-5.
* Spencer Merrick had 21 saves and Ryan Tobin scored a pair of goals, leading Abington past Blue Hills, 5-1. Cullen Crocker and Sam McDonald netted their first varsity goals for the Green Wave.
* Massey Ventre scored twice and Saugus edged Pentucket, 3-1.
* Freshman Liam Monaghan and eighth-grader Andrew Fox each scored twice as St. John Paul II topped Cardinal Spellman, 5-2.
* Sam McDonnell led a balanced effort with two goals and an assist, and Cohasset rolled past Tri-County, 8-1. Matt Mahoney, Justin Appleby and Luke Dunham added a goal and two assists apiece for the Skippers. Shane Mulcahy and Robbie Casagrande also chipped in a goal and assist each.
* Shawsheen topped Rockport, 5-1, in a non-league matchup of former Commonwealth foes. Chase Darcey scored twice for the Rams, with Brady Darcey, Mike DeRose and Matt DiZoglio adding the others.
* Max Gadon scored twice and Swampscott bested Greater Lowell/Nashoba Tech, 5-1. Aidan Sprague, Will Roddy and Kody Langevain added a goal and assist each for the Big Blue, who got 21 saves from Jason Bouffard.
* Dover-Sherborn/Weston posted its first win, beating Dedham, 3-2, in the Tri-Valley League as Caden Popiel, Connor Burke and Thomas Sacco provided the offense.
* In the Cape & Islands, Sandwich secured its second win against Nantucket in the opening weeks, 7-1. Jack Connolly and Avery Richardson had two goals each for the Blue Knights, who also got a goal and assist from Caleb Richardson and two assists from Chris Cardillo.
* Paul Case earned his first shutout and Bourne iced Wareham/Carver, 9-0, in a South Coast Conference matchup. Ryan Burgess, Nate McDonnell and Griffin Kelly also got their first varsity goals for the Canalmen.
* Jacob Pruneau scored the tiebreaking goal in the third period and Fitchburg/Monty Tech stayed unbeaten with a 4-2 Coughlin Conference win over Oakmont.
* Paul Hardcastle scored twice in a five-goal first period, Lukas Petone added two goals and Grafton/Blackstone Valley blanked St. Paul, 7-0. Chase Levasseur and Jack Hart split the shutout.
* Matt Garvin scored twice and MJ Paulin had the winner in overtime as Greenfield outlasted Drury, 5-4.