Down three goals in the third period, Rockland easily could have packed it in. Instead, the Bulldogs battled nearly to the final seconds, and Shane Kimball’s goal with 22 seconds left capped the comeback and gave Rockland a thrilling 6-5 South Shore League win over Hull/Cohasset. Kimball added an assist, and Logan Murphy had a goal and four assists for the Bulldogs.
Earlier in the week, Joey Dow made 17 saves and Rockland blanked Stoughton/Brockton, 4-0.
* In a nonleague game, East/West Bridgewater earned its first victory as a co-op program, sliding past Greater Lowell/Nashoba Tech, 4-1. Tyler Henderson got his first varsity goal for WEB, with Luke Perry, Anthony Patete and Kyle McDonald rounding out the scoring.
* The night before, Abington got two goals and an assist each from Jake Quinn and Hunter Grafton in its 6-2 SSL win over East/West Bridgewater. Evan St. Martin added a goal and assist for the Green Wave, and Zach Buccigross also scored.
* Norwell rolled to a 10-0 win over East/West Bridgewater as Charlie Booras scored his first two varsity goals and Colin Gibbons also got his first goal.
* In Central Mass. Fitchburg/Monty Tech stayed unbeaten with a 4-1 win over Lunenburg/Ayer Shirley for the championship of the Mark Bushnoe Tournament. Riley LeBlanc scored twice for the Bulldogs, and Kyle Gendron and Cody Berkio had the others. … The Bulldogs also blanked Littleton/Bromfield, 4-0, behind a hat trick and assist from LeBlanc, as well as 22 saves from Deavin McGivern. … McGivern and F/MT also shut out Gardner, 3-0, with Sam Jaramillo scoring two goals and LeBlanc chipping in a goal and assist.
* Gardner bounced back with a pair of wins, first edging St. Paul, 2-1 on Hunter Barlow’s goal in the third period. Jayden Patel had the other goal for the Wildcats and Mark Quinn made 22 saves. … Then Patel’s hat trick sparked Gardner in its 11-3 win over St. Joseph Prep. Jake Samaha and Zach Boucher had two goals each in the win.
* Blake Riggins scored his fourth goal of the game with 1:11 left in overtime and Oakmont outlasted Ludlow, 6-5, in a Central-West crossover matchup. Evan Thibault had the other two goals for the Spartans.
* Worcester doubled up Lunenburg/Ayer Shirley, 4-2, led by Jason Kozolowski and Evan Taylor with a goal and assist apiece. Brandon Martocci and Jacob LeBrun had the other goals for the Wildcats.
* Chicopee Comp improved to 6-0 with a 6-4 win over Easthampton in Western Mass. Dylan Seymour led the balanced offense with two goals for the Colts.
* Sammy Knight had two goals and two assists, and Greenfield sailed past Southwick, 6-1, in a Wright Division clash. Shane Prusak added a goal and two assists for the Green Wave. … Earlier in the week, Southwick stunned Wahconah, 5-4, on a Liam McKellick goal with seven seconds left in overtime. Tommy Whalley had two goals and an assist in the Rams’ first win of the season.
* Stoneham stayed red hot, winning its fifth straight with a 4-0 shutout of Wilmington in the Middlesex Freedom. Aiden Goulding posted his second shutout in as many games for the Spartans, and Danny Storella had a pair of goals. … Goulding also earned the shutout and Storella scored in a 3-0 win over Burlington. Kolby Horgan and Joseph Kranefuss had the other goals.
* Jack Hayes and Pete Silverman had a goal and assist each, and Winthrop broke into the win column with a 2-1 victory over Beverly in the Northeastern Conference.
* Dover-Sherborn/Weston had five different scorers, including freshman Brayden McKenna with the first of his career in a 5-1 win over Bellingham in the Tri-Valley Small. … D-S/Weston also topped Norton, 4-2, as Thomas Sacco scored a pair of goals.
* Sandwich rallied past Nauset, 4-3, in the Cape & Islands Atlantic as James Mawhinney and Drew MacKinnon scored 13 seconds apart in the third period. Harry Delman had the other two goals for the Blue Knights.
* Aidan Powers scored with 2:27 left in overtime, giving Dennis-Yarmouth a 5-4 nonleague win over Blue Hills.
** Featured image courtesy of @BEACHSKATES