Brady Sawyer scored five goals, four of them coming during a six-goal third-period surge as Assabet Valley took control against Lunenburg/Ayer Shirley, 7-2. Eric Perry and Nolan Tomczyk added goals for the Aztecs, who trailed 2-0 early and 2-1 entering the final 15 minutes.
– Sam Jaramillo scored two goals, the second with seven seconds left in overtime, and Fitchburg/Monty Tech stunned Gardner, 4-3, in a Central Mass. Coughlin Conference battle. Colin Hines also scored twice for the Bulldogs and Riley LeBlanc added three assists.
– Jayden Patel scored twice, Dylan Stocking and Eric Amblo had a goal each, and Gardner iced St. Bernard’s, 4-1.
– Evan Thibault had two goals and an assist and Oakmont held off Grafton/Blackstone Valley, 4-3. Nate Hylan and Blake Riggins added goals for the Spartans. … Riggins scored twice, including the go-ahead goal with 4:36 left as Oakmont doubled up Littleton/Bromfield, 4-2. Hylan and Kaleb Jakola also scored in the win.
– Joshua Agnese (two goals, two assists) and Ben Short (goal, three assists) were the sparks for Lunenburg/Ayer Shirley in its 6-3 win over St. Bernard’s. Tyler Fortier and Ryan Strout also scored power play goals as the Blue Knights struck three times in the third period to cap a comeback from a 3-1 deficit.
– Owen Taylor and Drury played a game of “beat the clock” as the Blue Devils stunned Wahconah, 3-2, in a Western Mass. Wright Division battles of Berkshire teams. David Delisle and Cam Taylor also scored for the Blue Devils. … In Drury’s 6-5 win over Easthampton, Zack Lillie had two goals and an assist, Brandon Lincoln scored twice, and Nick Abuisi and Tyler Pettit added one each.
– South Hadley got goals from five players, led by Joe Cigal (two assists) and Connor McDonnell (assist) in its 5-5 tie with Amherst. Joe Meon, Austin Deren and Nate Loughman also scored for the Tigers.
– In Greenfield’s 2-1 win over Amherst, Jake Jurek and Eathon Bryant scored for the Green Wave.
– Francis Henderson notched a hat trick and assist, and Tim Mitus earned the shutout for Belchertown, which beat Mount Everett, 7-0. Andrew Fijal and Brady Moreau had a goal and two assists each for the Orioles, with Charlie Fijal (assist) and Chris Wood also scoring.
– Trevor Seidell-Poirier continued his hot play with a hat trick and assist, Tyler Bielecki also scored three times and Chicopee outlasted South Hadley, 6-4, in a Fay Division matchup.
– Alec Banosian and Mason Andrade scored, and Watertown got a strong relief performance from Casey Williams (17 saves) in net to pull out a 2-2 tie with Winchester in a Middlesex League matchup.
– Kevin Leary’s two goals and assist led Norwell in a 6-1 win over Abington in the South Shore League.
– Sean Noonan and Brett Peterson scored a pair of goals apiece, Anthony Patete added three assists, and East/West Bridgewater skated past Rockland, 4-1.
– Earlier in the week, Jake Higgins scored twice and Rockland doubled up Middleboro, 4-2.
– Shawsheen got a balanced effort in its 7-1 win over Greater Lowell/Nashoba Tech in the Commonwealth Athletic. Mike Giordano (goal, two assists) and Kyle Gray (goal, assist) led the offense for the Rams. Zach Patterson, who previously played for GLNT, also had a goal.
– Greater Lowell/Nashoba Tech outscored Minuteman, 9-4, as Tony Iacovone, Cam Arsenault and James Dixon had a pair of goals apiece. … In an 8-1 nonleague win over East Boston, GLNT was led by Chris Powers and Trevor Desjardins with their first varsity goals.
– Sandwich edged Nauset, 3-2, in a Cape & Islands Atlantic matchup, thanks to Jack Connolly’s winning goal plus an assist. Colin McIver and Drew MacKinnon chipped in goals for the Blue Knights.
– Dominic Tsoukalas notched the shutout for Monomoy/Mashpee in its 3-0 nonleague win over Cardinal Spellman. Wyatt Archibald scored twice and August Hand had the other for the Monarchs.
– Jack Crompton made 27 saves, and Rockport got goals from Michael Murphy, Aiden Arnold, Michael Nocella and Quinn Brady to beat Pentucket, 4-1, in the Cape Ann League.
– Ethan Litner, Brodie Marcotte and Matthew Venturi each scored for Amesbury in its 3-2 win over Pentucket. Nathan Brown assisted on all three goals, Thatcher Kezer added a pair, and Litner and Marcotte had one apiece. Tyler Barnitski made 27 saves.
– Ashland got goals from Mark Milko, Jack Reardon, PJ Kissane, Jake Kaveney and Aydin Fish to beat Dover-Sherborn/Weston, 5-2, in the Tri-Valley League. … The Clockers also beat Bellingham, 5-1, led by Dom Boccelli’s two goals. Jack Reardon, Kaveney and Milko had the others.
– Connor Burke’s four goals were the difference for Dover-Sherborn/Weston in its 6-2 nonleague win over Everett/Revere. Max Niit added his first career goal and Finn Maher had three assists.