After waiting a week to get on the ice when its season-opening game was postponed, Greater Lowell/Nashoba Tech appeared to be headed for a bitter defeat. Then GLNT erupted for five goals in the third period and skated away with a 6-4 victory over Everett/Revere. Cam Arsenault netted a hat trick and Cole Currier made 41 saves in the win.
* Ben Romer scored in overtime and Rockland gave new coach Stephen Murphy his first win, clipping East/West Bridgewater, 2-1, in the South Shore League.
* Upper Cape’s Joe McGuire earned his first win as the Rams outlasted Wareham/Carver, 7-2, led by Ty Ribeiro’s hat trick. … Andrew Medeiros had a goal and assist, and Tanner Chicoine netted his first varsity goal as Dennis-Yarmouth doubled up Upper Cape, 4-2.
* South Hadley also gave coach Kevin Stefanik his first win, 4-3 over Chicopee in the Fay Division. Joe Meon (two goals, assist) and Caleb Lundgren (goal, two assists) led the Tigers.
* Chris Klueber scored on a penalty shot with 13 seconds left and Bourne picked up its first victory of the season, beating Groton-Dunstable, 4-3, in the consolation game of the annual Canalmen Classic. Bourne dropped its tournament opener against Westfield, 3-0.
* Sandwich finished as runner-up in the Thibeault Division of the Jim Gormley Cup. The Knights advanced after a 3-3 tie with Marlboro, prevailing in the shootout on goals from Colin McIver and Jack Connolly. Chris Cardillo scored twice in regulation. … In the 3-2 championship loss to Hanover, Cardillo and Caleb Richardson had the goals in the third period.
* The Knights also opened the season with a 5-1 win over Nantucket in the Cape & Islands, with Connolly and Cardillo scoring a pair of goals apiece. … In a 6-1 nonleague win over Middleboro, Cardillo struck for four goals and McIver dished out five assists.
* Riley Williams netted a pair of goals and Nantucket prevailed in a Cape & Islands matchup with rival Martha’s Vineyard, 4-1. … The Whalers also edged Dennis-Yarmouth, 2-1, as Jack Billings scored both goals.
* Dom Boccelli’s four goals sparked Ashland in its 9-3 win over Holliston in the Tri-Valley League. … Boccelli also had two goals and Jack Rossi 21 saves in a 4-1 win over Norton.
* Shawsheen opened its season with a 4-2 nonleague win over Methuen behind goals from Tyler Forristall, Dylan Higson, Kyle Gray and Tom Sampson. … The Rams also rolled over Minuteman, 14-3, with Higson netting a hat trick while Zack Patterson, Mike Giordano and Larry Cullity had their first varsity goals.
* Rockport broke into the win column, 4-1 over Swampscott in a nonleague matchup. Theo Parianos, Hayden Brady and Colby Doane each had a goal and assist for the Vikings.
* Cooper Miller (19 saves) won his first varsity start and Drew Dolan scored his first varsity goal for Hamilton-Wenham in its 6-1 nonleague win over Everett/Revere.
* Chris Regnetta had a hat trick and Jason Monahan added two goals and two assists for Saugus in its 8-2 non-league win over Lynn.
* Aidan Ellis posted the shutout, and Latin Academy got goals from Aidan Farley and Eamon Vraibel to beat Attleboro, 2-0. … Vraibel, Farley and Tommy Misilo each also scored for the Dragons in their 3-2 win over Hull/Cohasset.
* Wade Puzzella’s hat trick was all Hull/Cohasset needed in its 7-1 SSL win over Middleboro.
* Quinn Simmons and Ronan Schipani each scored a pair of goals for Norwell in its 6-1 nonleague win over Hopkinton. Kevin Leary and Joe Daly added goals for the Clippers. … Schipani added two goals, and Declan Devin and Garrett Fisher each scored their first varsity goals in an 8-0 South Shore League win over Abington.
* Abington had five players notch their first career goals in a 6-1 win over Cardinal Spellman – Hunter Grafton (two), Calli Pineau (goal, assist), Declan McCarthy, Zach Buccigross and Kevin Cashman.
* Darren Iverson capped a hat trick with the winning goal with three minutes to play and Littleton/Bromfield pulled away from Lunenburg/Ayer Shirley, 5-3, in Central Mass. Coughlin Conference action. … Ryan Strout and Nick Fortier had a pair of goals apiece to lift Lunenburg/Ayer Shirley past St. Bernard’s, 6-3. … Oakmont got two goals from Kyle Vogel and a goal and two assists from Blake Riggins to skate past Lunenburg/Ayer Shirley, 5-2. … Fitchburg/Monty Tech rolled to a 10-0 win over St. Bernard’s in its opener behind four goals from Riley LeBlanc. Lucas Wiebe added a pair of goals for the Bulldogs.
* John DeFonzo’s goal 42 seconds into overtime was the difference for Grafton/Blackstone Valley, which edged Assabet Valley, 3-2, in a Russell Conference matchup. Nick Goveia and Zack Baker had a goal and assist apiece for G/VT. … Assabet Valley was coming off a 6-1 win over St. Paul as Jack Denn scored twice. … Worcester toppled St. Paul, 6-3, as Aidan LePoer scored two goals and Luke Evers chipped in a goal and two assists. … LePoer also scored twice for the Wildcats in their 5-1 win over East Longmeadow in the opener of the Dana Willard Christmas Tournament. Worcester fell to Nashoba in the title game, 6-3.
* In Western Mass., Dylan Seymour’s four goals helped Chicopee Comp take down Wahconah, 8-2, in the Fay Division. Dave Girouard also had two goals and two assists for the Colts.
* Charlie Fijal and Francis Henderson scored twice apiece to lead Belchertown past Easthampton, 5-3, in Wright Division play. … Terrel LeDue (15 saves) earned the shutout as Belchertown topped Southwick, 4-0. Henderson had a hat trick for the Orioles. … Sammy Knight’s two goals were the difference as Greenfield clipped Easthampton, 4-2. … The Green Wave also rolled past Mount Everett, 8-2, behind Jake Jurek’s two goals and three assists.