While top-ranked Tewksbury has gotten a lot of the accolades this season, there is one other Division 2 team in Massachusetts boys hockey with a perfect record.
Somerset Berkley continued its unbeaten run with three wins in the last week, the latest a 5-0 blanking of Bourne in the South Coast Conference. Brandon Silva made 17 saves for the Raiders, who got a goal and assist from Luke Gauvin, and goals from Josh Pacheco, Nate Mello, Matt Costa and Dylan Messier. … Davis Sullivan had a big game with four goals and an assist in an 8-0 win over Apponequet. Pacheco added a goal and two assists, and Mason Sullivan, Jack Rothwell, and Brayden Pimental the other goals. Silva (17 saves) had another shutout. … In a 4-1 nonleague win over Taunton, SB was led by a goal and two assists each from Noah Taylor and Davis Sullivan. Dylan Messier added a goal and assist, and Pimental a goal for the Raiders.
* In Western Mass. play, Drew VanZandt capped a hat trick with his overtime goal, propelling Minnechaug to a 6-5 crossover win over Chicopee. VanZandt also had two assists for the Falcons, who got five assists from Tyler Genovese, a goal and two assists from David Noel, and single goals from Gavin Weischelbaumer and Gabe Tassinari. … Minnechaug also overcame a two-goal deficit to beat Amherst, 4-2. VanZandt (two goals, assist), Genovese (goal, two assists) and Noel (goal, assist) again were the offensive sparks for the Falcons.
* Ryan Maloney and Peyton Buffum had a goal and assist each and Connor Adamczyk also scored in Agawam’s 3-3 tie with Greenfield.
* Daniel Schwartzman’s two goals capped a comeback for Newton South in its 3-1 win over Lowell in Dual County/Merrimack Valley 2 play. Ryan Quirk’s goal started the rally for the Lions.
* Ryan Teitel scored in overtime as Hopkinton edged Bellingham, 2-1, in the Tri-Valley League. Joe Scardino had the other goal for the Hillers. … Callum Greenwood’s goal in the third period edged Hopkinton past Dedham, 3-2. Drew Morse and Teitel added the other goals.
* Ben McDougal’s first varsity goal highlighted Norwood’s big offensive output in a 10-2 win over Dover-Sherborn/Weston in the Tri-Valley League.
* Behind Josh Brann’s two goals, Masconomet toppled Beverly, 3-2, in the Northeastern Conference.
* Gloucester rallied with seven consecutive goals to beat Triton, 8-3. Emerson Marshall (four goals, two assists) and Jack Costanzo (two goals, three assists) had the big games for the Fishermen, with Joseph Orlando and Colby Jewell adding goals.
* Nick Longa had two goals, Nik Kojoian added a goal and two assists, and North Attleboro knocked off Oliver Ames, 5-1, in the Hockomock League. … The Rocketeers also rolled past Attleboro, 8-1, behind two goals each from Troy Carlisle, Joe Quinn and Brody Gaulin. Carlisle also had a pair of assists, and Jack Dluhy and Kojoian three assists apiece.
* Brendan Tourgee’s hat trick was the difference for Canton in its 3-1 nonleague win over Newburyport. … Seven players had the goals for the Bulldogs in their 7-0 win over Oliver Ames in the Hockomock League.
* Kevin Norwood’s two goals and two assists sparked Plymouth North to a 6-5 win over Whitman-Hanson in Patriot League play. Logan Greeley added his first varsity goal for the Eagles.
* Whitman-Hanson bounced back with a 7-2 win over North Quincy behind Matt Solari’s hat trick as well as 29 saves from Kevin Dean.
* Silver Lake took down Plymouth North, 5-3, as Mark Kelleher and Sam Dilley scored a pair of goals each, and Aiden Dunphy added a goal and assist. … In a 4-1 nonleague win over Rockland, Brett Evans had two goals for the Lakers, with Gavin Sampson and Kelleher adding the others.
* Goals from Tyler Walser, Wyatt Glass, Mike Hussey and Connor O’Connell pushed Duxbury past Plymouth South, 4-1.
* Joe Hennessy scored for Quincy in its 1-1 tie with Hanover. … Cam Quigley had a hat trick and Cooper Hernon two goals in the Presidents’ wild 9-6 non-league win over Oliver Ames.
* Ashton Machado made 29 saves to backstop Dartmouth to a 5-2 win over Bridgewater-Raynham. Josh Nelson and Damien Medeiros had a pair of goals each for the Indians.
* Wilmington blanked Matignon, 6-0, led by Mike Daniels with two goals and two assists. Brian Barry (goal, three assists), Matt Vinal (goal, three assists), Nathan Alberti (goal, two assists) and Aiden Murphy (first varsity goal, assist) all had multiple-point games for the Wildcats. Liam Crowley and Justin Finnegan combined for the shutout.
* Jon Groth assisted on all four goals, including two from Kane Brennan and the first career for Owen Kreuz in Newburyport’s 4-1 win over North Reading in the Cape Ann League. Zachary McHugh had the other goal for the Clippers. … Brennan had gotten his first career goal in a 4-0 nonleague win over Needham, which also featured two goals from McHugh and a goal and three assists from Groth.
* Owen Stattenfield and Joe Valone scored twice apiece in Auburn’s 5-2 win over Woodstock Academy (Conn.) Valone also had an assist for the Rockets, and Dillon Winkelmann scored the other goal.
* Ben Cotter’s go-ahead goal gave Algonquin a 3-2 win over Wachusett. Tommy Hauck added a goal and assist, Jaiden Wilde a goal, and Ronan Cushman two assists.
* Will Gravell’s second goal of the game in the third period lifted Westboro past Ashland, 4-3. Colton McNamara and Garrett Barriere also scored for the Rangers, and Owen Lenkauskas had two assists.