Tewksbury scored a big 4-1 win over Waltham in the Ed Burns Hockey Classic, led by Caden Connors’ two goals and two assists, as well as 17 saves from Ben O’Keefe. Matthew Cooke and Jeremy Insogna had the other goals.
– Caden Connors and Jason Cooke scored power play goals in the third period and unbeaten Tewksbury clipped Lincoln-Sudbury for the second time this season, 3-2. Jeremy Insogna had the other goal and Ben O’Keefe made 17 saves for the Redmen. … Tewksbury also rallied with a pair of third-period goals, one by Connors, in a 2-1 win over North Andover.
– Boston Latin returned to the ice following a long break with a 2-1 win over Concord-Carlisle in Dual County/Merrimack Valley 2 play. Colin McGuire and Patrick Harnan scored for the Wolfpack, and Luke Young picked up the win in goal.
– Carter O’Brien and Jay Carter had the goals for Concord-Carlisle in its 2-1 win over Lowell.
– Canton opened Ed Burns Hockey Classic play with a 4-0 win over Burlington, led by two goals from Eamon Kelly. Brendan Tourgee and Billy DeLello had the others, and Colin Davis posted the shutout. … In Hockomock League play, Canton also rolled past Foxboro, 9-1, led by Pat Drury’s hat trick as well as two goals apiece from Brennan Pecararo and Jack Digirolamo. … A.J. Thomas had a hat trick for the Bulldogs in their 5-0 blanking of North Attleboro.
– Brandon Burke made 23 saves, and Oliver Ames got goals from Shaun Teehan, Jack Corey and Elliot Cohen to beat Attleboro, 3-1. … Sean McCarthy notched a hat trick and Sean Kearns added two goals and an assist as Oliver Ames doubled up Foxboro, 6-3. Cohen added a goal and assist, and Corey added two assists.
– Nik Kojoian notched two goals and three assists to propel North Attleboro to a 6-3 win over Mansfield. Nick Longa had a goal and assist for the Rocketeers, with Brady Sarro, Sam Clarke, Mark Ayvazyan and Joe Quinn adding goals.
– In a matchup of Massachusetts Division 2 top-10 teams, Ryan Valeri scored his first varsity goal and Norwood pulled away late for a 4-1 win over Walpole. Myles Kidd’s shorthanded goal in the final two minutes was a big turning point for the Mustangs. Jack Curran and Kevin Broderick also scored.
– Norwood also blanked Bellingham, 7-0, in a Tri-Valley League game with Tom Martin and Conor Lydon scoring twice each, and Michael Moynihan adding his first varsity goal for the Mustangs.
– Walpole bounced back to ice Brookline, 4-1, in a Bay State Conference game. Frankie Govoni, Matt Bianculli, and Declan Hunter had goals for the Timberwolves. … The Timberwolves also earned a 2-2 MIAA tie with Natick in the Ed Burns Coffee Pot Hockey Classic, but fell in a shootout. Griffin Curran and Eddie Jackson had the goals.
– Brady Glass notched two goals and an assist for Duxbury in its 7-2 Patriot League win over Pembroke. Nick Sivieri and Will Asbedian scored their first varsity goals for the Dragons.
– Nick Santangelo’s first career shutout backed Masconomet to a 4-0 win over Danvers in the Northeastern Conference. AJ Sacco scored twice, and Richie Guarino and Mike Bevilacqua had the other goals.
– Gloucester swept its season series from Marblehead with a 7-3 victory. The Fishermen got goals from seven players, led by Jack Costanzo (three assists), Emerson Marshall (assist) and Jack Delaney (assist).
– Gabe Brissette made 13 saves for the shutout, and Wakefield got its lone goal from Dan Mailhoit in a 1-0 win over Watertown.
– Aiden Dunphy, Pat Murphy and Mark Kelleher each scored for Silver Lake in its 3-1 win over Whitman-Hanson. … Brett Evans’ second goal of the night with 14 seconds to play lifted Silver Lake to a 3-2 win over Plymouth South. Sam Dilley added a goal and two assists in the win. … The Lakers continued to roll with a 3-2 nonleague win over Dartmouth. Kelleher had a pair of goals for the Lakers, striking for the game winner on the power play. Evans added a goal and Dunphy had two assists.
– Jon Groth’s two goals and two assists took care of the offense, and Jamie Brooks made 17 saves for the shutout as Newburyport blanked Westford Academy, 4-0. Zachary McHugh added a goal and assist, and Kane Brennan a goal for the Clippers.
– Nate Gulachenski and Owen Cacciatore scored a pair of goals each, and Jack Stiles and Colin Connors combined for the shutout as Algonquin blanked Hudson, 7-0, in the Quinn Conference. Ethan Stiles, Andrew Hodge and Ryan Jennings had the other goals.
– Auburn edged North Middlesex, 3-1, with Braden Rich, Gavin Groh and Joe Valone scoring for the Rockets.
– David Noel scored twice and Minnechaug got a 4-3 Western Mass. crossover win over Belchertown. Gavin Weichselbaumer and Aidan Vreeland had a goal and assist apiece for the Falcons. … Gabe Tassinari’s two goals and assist sparked Minnechaug’s 5-4 win over Leominster. Noel had a goal and assist, and Drew VanZandt and Tim Harrigan the other goals.
– Behind goals from Jaxon Thomas and Jeff Hallinan, Beverly scored a 2-1 nonleague win over Stoneham, the top-ranked team in Division 4.
– Haverhill clipped Shawsheen, 2-1, on goals from Nick DiBurro and Justin Torosian as well as 26 saves from Dylan Soucy.