Boston Latin took home the first Dual County League Division 2 championship, sweeping to a pair of wins this week, including an 8-2 victory over Wayland for the championship.
James Fitzgerald got the Wolfpack going with a pair of first-period goals, then Latin broke it open with a four-goal second – three of them shorthanded – as Patrick Harnon, Colin McAdams, Shane Sullivan and Tommy Butler all lit the lamp.
Butler also scored twice for the Wolfpack in the 5-2 semifinal victory over Cambridge.
* Dighton-Rehoboth/Seekonk capped an unbeaten season and won the South Coast Conference championship, skating past Somerset Berkley, 4-1. Freshman Sebastian Rebelo scored twice for the Falcons, while Ryan McCarthy and Liam Fecteau added the others. Sam Bastis made 18 saves.
It was the first league championship for either school in hockey since Seekonk took home the Southeastern 2 title in 1982.
* Dane Carter had a hat trick and assist, and eclipsed 100 points for his career as Concord-Carlisle edged Newton South, 5-3, in a Dual County League Cup semifinal. Noah Thorpe added a goal and three assists for the Patriots, Jay Carter also had a goal and assist, and C.J. Bailey made 26 saves. … C-C fell in the title game to Waltham, 5-3, despite two goals from Conor Trant and one from Jack Francini.
* Triton overcame a strong goaltending performance by North Reading freshman Marty Pierce, as Aidan Lowry scored on a wraparound with one second left in overtime for a 2-1 victory in the Cape Ann League semifinals. Lowry also assisted on Trevor Quigley’s goal for the Vikings. … North Reading had advanced for the semifinals with a 7-2 win over Pentucket. Nick Pasquale and Jonathan Patch scored twice each for the Hornets, with Andrew Daley, Sal Schille and Frank Brachanow scoring the others. For Pentucket, Richie Hardy had a goal and assisted on Jack Stewart’s tally. Hardy finished his career with a school-record 127 points.
* Lynnfield reached the CAL semifinals as Nick Hubbard and the Pioneers shut out Hamilton-Wenham, 3-0. Drew Damiani, Chase Carney and Patrick Barrett scored the goals. … Lynnfield’s tournament run ended with a loss to Newburyport.
* Stoneham captured its first Middlesex League title since 1989, taking home with Freedom Division with its 4-1 win over Wilmington.
* Josh Itri and Aidan Barrett scored twice each and Sandwich cruised to a 9-0 victory over Bourne in the 39th Canal Cup. Mike Barrasso had a goal and three assists, Rob Cardillo a goal and two assists, and Kevin Jordan, Drew MacKinnon and Caleb Richardson single goals for the Blue Knights. … Sandwich also skated past Nantucket, 5-3, behind two goals from Jack Connolly and single tallies from Jordan, Barrasso and Cardillo.
* Masconomet won the fifth annual Bob Driscoll “Can Do” Classic, blanking Beverly, 3-0, behind Lucas Canelli’s 17 saves. A.J. Sacco had two goals and an assist for the Chieftains.
* Winthrop held on to the top spot in the Northeastern Conference North Division with a 2-2 tie against Marblehead. Joey Holgersen scored for the Vikings, but Will Shull got the tying goal early in the third for the Headers. … Marblehead also edged Danvers, 3-2, getting goals from Connor Jalbert, Charlie Titus and Eli Feingold.
* Luke Buckley scored the winning goal with just over a minute to play, boosting Peabody past Saugus, 2-1, in the Northeastern Conference. Matt Devin had the other goal and Lucas Demild made 18 stops for the Tanners.
* Kevin McMaster scored four goals and Nick DiVola did the rest for his first career shutout as Saugus blanked Swampscott, 6-0. Joe Calder scored his first career goal for the Sachems, and Dante Mauro rounded out the scoring.
* Emmet Teahan had a goal and two assists, and Henry Ames scored his first varsity goal, sparking Brookline to a 6-3 win over Newton North in the Bay State Conference.
* Tyler Sarro had two goals and an assist and North Attleboro rallied past Foxboro, 6-5, in Hockomock League play. Nick Longa also scored twice, Anthony Wescott notched his first varsity goal, and Brady Sarro added one for the Red Rocketeers. … In a 4-1 win over Stoughton/Brockton, Joe Quinn, Brady Sarro, Austin Comery and Longa had the goals.
* Nauset clipped Mashpee/Monomoy, 2-1, in the Cape & Islands on goals from Cam Taylor and Camden Viprino.
* Patrick Drew and Declan Murphy scored twice each and Lowell Catholic topped Shawsheen, 4-1.
* Medfield outlasted Hopkinton, 7-4, in the Tri-Valley League. The Warriors got goals from Kevin Arthur, Phil Parker, James Wilder, Chris Lawson, Colin Quint, Sam Palmer and James Tyer.