* Goalie J.P. Kerney was named tournament MVP as he backboned Dartmouth’s 5-0 victory over host Bourne in the championship game of the Canalmen Classic. The Indians also were 5-2 winners against Westfield in the opening game of the tournament.
* Hunter McElhinney’s first career goal sparked Holliston’s 5-1 victory against the hosts in the opening round of the St. Joseph Prep Christmas Classic. Kevin Corbett, Cooper DeCristofaro, Tommy Labb and Robby Saponaro also scored, and Nico Quatromoni made 17 saves for the Panthers, who advanced to face Dover-Sherborn/Weston (a 5-3 winner vs. Hopedale/Millis) in the championship game.
* Sean Walsh scored his 100th career goal for Hopkinton, which skated to a big 3-1 victory against defending Tri-Valley Large champ Westwood. Tommy Hamblet and Kyle Rogers added goals for the Hillers.
* Dom Boccelli had a pair of goals, but Ashland had to settle for a 3-3 tie when Medfield’s Mike Tyer scored with 24.5 seconds left and the goalie pulled. Matt Milko added a goal for the Clockers.
* Hunter Meader had a natural hat trick and Martha’s Vineyard erased an early two-goal deficit to stun previously top-ranked Hanover, 5-2. After falling behind 2-0, the Vineyarders tied it on a pair of Colby Zarba goals before Meader took over.
* Mason Sheehan notched his first career shutout, Tommy Julian scored a power play goal and Dennis-Yarmouth crossed over in the Cape & Islands to beat Nauset, 1-0.
* Andrew Guelli’s shorthanded goal rallied Rockport to a 2-2 tie with Essex Tech in the Commonwealth. A.J. Curcuru had put the Vikings on top early, then the Hawks surged ahead on goals by David Egan and Cam Cannizzaro.
* James Demeo had a hat trick and assist, and Bedford scored an early key 5-2 victory against Dracut/Tyngsboro in an MVC/DCL 3 matchup. Brendan Vaughn and Bobby Marcus had the other goals for the Buccaneers. Jake DeBruin and Cole Bolduc scored for D/T.
* Luc Denney scored twice and added three assists as Cambridge topped Newton South, 5-2.
* Upper Cape used a five-goal second-period burst to beat Old Rochester/Fairhaven, 5-1. Matt Paling, Cam Lumsden, Kevin Flynn, John Driscoll and Thomas Kalweit had the goals for the Rams. Ben Demoranville scored for the Bulldogs. Upper Cape turned around Saturday and held off South Shore, 5-4, in a Mayflower battle.
* Tyler Mason’s hat trick was the difference for Silver Lake in its 4-2 victory against Quincy in the Patriot League. Kevin Cardarelli also scored and Ryan Solari had two assists for the Lakers.
* Matt Mahoney had two goals and an assist and Cohasset/Hull topped Middleboro, 7-3, in the first meeting since Hull changed its co-op partner during the offseason. Jake Cosentino and Joe Losordo added a goal and assist apiece.
* Ben Baxter and Michael Kornek scored twice each and St. John Paul II stayed unbeaten with a 6-1 victory against Mashpee/Monomoy. Joey Manning and Sam Delman had the other goals for the Lions.
* Attleboro got goals nine seconds apart from Liam McDonough and Ryan Morry to pull away from Stoughton/Brockton, 3-0. Adam Dryjowicz had the other goal for the Blue Bombardiers.
* Brendan DeMarco had a hat trick and assist to spark Lowell’s 6-3 victory against Danvers. Colin Pickett (three assists), Cam Trull and Nick Mandeville had the other goals for the Red Raiders, and Jake Vieira made 30 saves.
* Justin Gouveia’s two goals and two assists led Bishop Stang past Old Rochester/Fairhaven, 6-0. Ben Saunders, Will Lafrance, Ryan Martin and Vito Consoletti also scored for the Spartans.
* Evan Mosscrop, Tony Iacavone and Cal Norris each got their first varsity goals and Greater Lowell/Nashoba Tech took down East Boston, 9-1.