* Johnny Nolte scored midway through the third period and Westwood extended its record streak of qualifying for the MIAA tournament to 38 seasons with a 3-2 nonleague victory against Oliver Ames. Declan Guarino and Johnny Bracco also scored for the Wolverines, who have played in the postseason every year since 1983.
* Jonathan Patch and Bill McCann had the goals for North Reading in its 2-0 victory against host Sandwich in the opening round of the Jeffrey Hayes Memorial Tournament at Gallo Ice Arena. … Marblehead advanced to the final in a shootout after battling Nantucket to a 2-2 tie in regulation. Colin Hart had a goal and assist for the Headers, with Will Shull adding the other goal.
* Evan Jeffries had two goals and an assist, and Haverhill used a four-goal third period to rally for a 5-4 victory against Pentucket in the Gulazian Division of the Newburyport Bank Classic. Evan Foskett added a goal and assist for the Hillies, who also got goals from Charlie Rastauskas and Hunter LaRiviere. Brendan Fitzgerald chipped in two assists, and Zach Roughan made 40 saves. … Amesbury also reached the title game with its 4-1 victory against Hamilton-Wenham. Connor Montejunas scored twice, Seth Burdick and Ian Pelletier once each, and Logan Bridgewater had two assists. Trey Marcotte made 28 saves.
* Plymouth North blanked Attleboro, 4-0, in the consolation game of the Fairleigh Dickinson Tournament on Martha’s Vineyard. Evan Hallisey scored twice for the Blue Eagles, who fell in the first round to Hopkinton, 4-2.
* Freshman Kai Roberto scored with a minute remaining and Masconomet edged Danvers, 2-1, in the “Can Do” Classic named in honor of former Masco coach Bob Driscoll.
* Chris Lavoie notched a hat trick and Canton held off Boston Latin, 4-2. … Tommy Vaughn and Vincent Sica scored in the third period to rally Canton to a 2-2 tie with Braintree.
* Reed Watson, Matt Solari, Adam Solari and Ed Collins scored to lead Whitman-Hanson past Quincy, 4-0, in the Patriot League. … W-H also topped Southeastern, 4-1, on goals from Adam Solari, John Ward John Hagan and Eddie Collins.
* Ben Whitman and Brendan Boyle had the goals in Scituate’s 2-0 victory against Quincy.
* Evan Monaghan made 22 saves for the shutout, and Alex Infanger scored a shorthanded goal to propel Medway past Dedham, 1-0, in a Tri-Valley League matchup.
* Bryan Metayer scored with 17 seconds left and Norwood rallied for a 3-3 tie with King Philip. … Norwood also blanked Westwood, 1-0, behind a goal from Jake Russo.
* Southeastern used a three-goal burst in the first period – two of them by Matt Lavoie, the other from Colin Wilbur – to ice Nauset, 5-1. Matt English and Adam Falcione added goals for the Hawks.
* Andrew Perry scored twice to lead North Andover past Methuen, 4-1, in a Merrimack Valley/Dual County crossover.
* Colin Hart and Zach Piersol each scored twice in Marblehead’s 5-3 victory against Swampscott in the Northeastern Conference. Will Shull had the other goal for the Headers.
* James Carmilia’s third-period goal gave Danvers a 2-1 victory against Winthrop and a spot in the postseason.
* E.J. Field netted a hat trick and Gloucester rolled past Beverly, 7-1.
* Goals from Oliver Miller, Chris Coombs and Mikey Shannon led Wakefield past Stoneham, 3-2, in a Middlesex Freedom matchup.
* Ellis Vish had two goals and Brookline knocked off Cohasset/Hull, 5-2. Grayson Badger added a goal and three assists for the Warriors, and Aidan Chin had a goal and two assists.
* Payton Kender scored twice to support the shutout from Kevin Wright and Nauset blanked Sacred Heart, 5-0. Clayton Hussey, Cooper McIntire and Cam Taylor added goals for the Warriors.