* Cormac Flaherty scored the lone goal in overtime and North Quincy edged rival Quincy, 1-0, in the opening round of the Quincy Youth Christmas Tournament. The game goes in the books as a 0-0 tie, but NQ faces King Philip in Saturday’s championship game, with Quincy taking on Milton in the consolation game.
* Freshman Austin Kelly got the winning goal in the seventh round of the shootout and Latin Academy rallied past Boston Latin in the opening round of the Michael “Gio” Giordano Christmas Classic. The game goes in the books as an official 3-3 tie, which the Dragons forced with two goals in the final five minutes of regulation.
* Conor Donovan and Ronan Locke each had hat tricks and Swampscott cruised past Lynn, 11-2, and into the final of the Lynn Christmas Tournament against Amesbury. Drew Olivieri added two goals with four assists for the Big Blue. Donovan also had three assists and Locke one.
* Bedford continued its hot start by blanking Swampscott, 3-0, in a Monday game. Jack Venuti, Adam Driscoll and Brendan Vaughn each scored for the Buccaneers.
* Shane Kimball’s first career goal was the game winner and Rockland advanced to the final of the Cashman Tournament by edging Abington, 2-1. Zack Phripp added the other goal and Thomas McSweeney made 24 saves for the Bulldogs, who match up with Whitman-Hanson in Saturday’s championship game.
* Joe Salamone and Logan Murphy scored for Rockland in its 2-2 tie with Bishop Stang earlier in the week. Thomas McSweeney made 28 saves for the Bulldogs. Chris Gauvin and Justin Gouveia rallied the Spartans from a 2-0 deficit for the tie.
* Joe McCarthy’s two goals were the difference for Abington in its 5-3 victory against Dennis-Yarmouth. Colin McDonald, Michael Pineau and Dave McArthur added goals for the Green Wave and Spencer Merrick notched his first career win in net. Tommy Julian scored twice and assisted on Aidan Powers’ tally for the Dolphins.
* Brady Swain, Jake Schultz and Matt Pelletier each scored in Bellingham’s 3-1 victory against Stoughton/Brockton in the opening round of the Bellingham Hockey Boosters Tournament. The Blackhawks fell in the championship game to Nashoba/Clinton, 3-0.
* Nick Solari scored with 22 seconds left and Silver Lake rallied to hand Foxboro its first loss of the season, 2-1. Jack Olivier had pulled the Lakers even with six minutes left with his first varsity goal.
* Brant Butcher scored twice in Mashpee/Monomoy’s 4-2 nonleague victory against Upper Cape. Charlie Southworth and Jack Vinitsky had the other goals for the Monarchs, while Matt Paling and Kevin Flynn countered for the Rams.
* Matt Medeiros’ two goals and assist sparked Greater New Bedford’s 7-0 victory against Diman. Spencer Raposo had a goal and two assists, and Mason Dupre and Brayden Webster had a goal and assist each for the Bears, who got their other goals from Max Lague and Peter Pimental.