* Freshman Danny Storella scored a pair of goals and host Stoneham captured Thursday’s championship of the JL11 Christmas Classic by holding off Masconomet, 3-2. In Monday’s opening round, Storella and teammate Gavin Doherty scored their first career goals in the Spartans’ 4-2 victory against Plymouth South. … Josh Brann, Parker Defeo, Josh Imbornone and Ian Roberto each notched their first varsity goals to propel Masconomet to a 7-1 victory against Groton-Dunstable in the other opening round game. Kai Roberto, Jason Schueler and Shawn Callahan added goals for the Chieftains.
* Brady Ferreira had a goal and assist and Haverhill rolled to a 7-2 victory against Westboro in the opening round of the Hillies Christmas Classic. Also scoring for the Hillies were Cole Farmer, Mike Fitzgerald, Justin Torosian, Charlie Rastauskas, Jack Sullivan and Hayden Flaherty. Nick DiBurro had two assists and Zach Roughan 13 saves as Haverhill advanced to the Guptill Division title game against Shawsheen. … In the Palm Division, North Andover held off Wilmington, 3-2, behind goals from Cole Fagan, Sean Corliss and Tim Berube. The Scarlet Knights meet Exeter (N.H.) in the final.
* Alex VerColen had his second hat trick of the week to lead North Reading to a 5-4 victory against Saugus in the first round of the Kasabuski Christmas Classic. VerColen also had a three-goal night in the Hornets’ 5-0 victory Monday against Rockport. … Wakefield advanced to the Kasabuski final, routing Peabody, 11-1. Oliver Miller, Cal Tryder and Joe O’Brien each scored twice for the Warriors.
* Sam Pifko’s hat trick sparked Lynnfield’s 4-1 victory against Danvers in the opening round of the Michael “Gio” Giordano Christmas Classic. … In the other opener, Boston Latin tied Latin Academy, 3-3, before falling in the shootout. Owen O’Brien scored twice and Nick Pappas had the other for the Wolfpack…. Earlier in the week, Noah Sargent and Owen O’Brien scored twice each to spark Boston Latin’s 6-2 victory against Lowell in an MVC/DCL 2 game. Patrick Harnan notched his first varsity goal and Sam Hutchinson also scored for the Wolfpack.
* Logan Bridgewater and Luke MacFarland each scored twice, Tre Marcotte made 16 saves and Amesbury blanked Hamilton-Wenham, 4-0, in the opening round of the Lynn Christmas Tournament.
* Eddie Collins’ tiebreaking goal sent Whitman-Hanson past Silver Lake, 3-1, in the opening round of the Cashman Tournament. Adam Solari and Jack Allen had the other goals for the Panthers, who will face Rockland in Saturday’s championship game.
* Methuen advanced to the championship game of the First Responders Cup by beating Revere/Malden/Matignon in a shootout. The teams tied 2-2 in regulation as Aidan Hollingsworth had both goals for the Rangers.
* Will O’Keefe scored twice and Tewksbury took its first game in the Yankee Ford Holiday Classic, blanking South Portland (Maine), 5-0.
* Noah Gravel had a goal and assist, and Taunton used five different scorers to beat Durfee, 5-0. Michael Lucier, Colton Scheralis, Loran Corcoran and Michael Albert also scored for the Tigers, and Jack DeMoura chipped in three assists. The Tigers then bounced back with Thursday’s 2-1 comeback victory against Middleboro, as Camden Faria won it with 16 seconds left after tying the game with 3:40 to go.
* Jack Greeley had two goals and an assist and Sandwich doubled up Middleboro, 4-2. Rob Cardillo added a goal and assist for the Blue Knights, Zach Hawkins a goal, and Drew MacKinnon a pair of assists.
* Evan McBrien, Henry Wiechert, Dylan McDonald and Evan Ames each scored in Scituate’s 4-1 victory against Southeastern. Aiden Wells scored the lone goal for the Hawks, who got 41 saves from Colton Teague.