* The Catholic Central League Cup playoffs got underway Saturday. In quartefinal matchups, St. Mary’s rolled past Archbishop Williams led by Marina DiBiasio‘s hat trick, and two goals each from Samantha Porazinski, Jenna Chaplain and Maggie Pierce. The Spartans will now face rival Austin Prep for the fourth time this season in a semifinal matchup Wednesday at Stoneham Arena (7:30pm). Arlington Catholic also advanced, edging past Bishop Fenwick, 2-1, with goals from Maggie Milne and Mary Cate Flynn, and will face top-seeded Matignon Tuesday night, also at Stoneham Arena.
* Canton avenged its only loss of the season, getting two goals from Maya Battista, and singles from Audrey Koen, Allie McCabe and Lizzie Tassinari in a 5-1 win over King Philip.
* Two goals each from Finley Crosby and Kate Brewster powered Barnstable to a 6-1 win over Martha’s Vineyard. Claire Hazard and Ally McEneany also had goals for the Raiders.
* Lexington grabbed its first point of the season, tying up Reading 2-2 with goals from Erica Riley and Fiona Kelly. Maddie Rzepka and Mia Bonfilio had goals for the Rockets.
* Medway Co-op closed its season in fine fashion, blanking Norwood 2-0 Saturday with goals from Maggie Lester and Emilie Infanger, then following up on Sunday with a 3-0 blanking of Dover-Sherborn/Hopkinton, as Lester and Infanger scored again, along with Jenna Fitzsimons. Jenna Shutt registered the shutout in each contest.
* Peabody/Lynnfield/North Reading rolled to a 6-0 win over Gloucester behind two goals from Paige Thibodeau, and a goal each from Catie Kampersal, Hannah Gromko, Chloe Considine and Avery Bird.
* Six different scorers – Nikole Gosse, Riley Sheehan, Brooke Harb, Jessica Driscoll, Kat Schille and Tory Sweeney – led Methuen/Tewksbury to a 6-1 win over Central Catholic.
* Boston Latin got past Cambridge, 4-1, as Ally Keough, Maeve Murray, Ava Enright and Keira Bruen each had a goal.
* Bella Babstock and Angelisa Caceda both scored twice in Waltham’s 8-0 win over Wayland/Weston.
* Natick downed Wellesley for the fourth time this season, edging the Raiders 3-2 with goals from Caroline Gates, Makenna Doucette and Emma Tavilla.
* Elsa Wood and Hadley Wales had the goals as Marblehead shaded Beverly/Danvers, 2-1.
* Back on Thursday, Westwood’s Hannah Blomquist became the latest member of the 100-career point club, doing so in the Wolverines’ 4-1 win over Medfield/Norton.