* Winthrop shaded Newburyport, 1-0, in Northeastern Hockey League play behind a shutout from Summer Tallent in net and a first period strike from Sami DiMento.
* After Katie Beers staked Westford Academy to an early lead, Methuen/Tewksbury reeled off the next five in a 5-1 win. MJ Petisce scored twice to lead the attack, while senior Jessica Driscoll had her 50th career goal. Breena Lawrence and Kat Schille also had goals for the Red Rangers.
* Marblehead won a pair of games over the weekend, knocking off Pope Francis Sunday 3-2 as Elsa Wood had a hat trick. Wood also had two goals, as did Hannah Tsouvalas (including the game-winner) in Saturday’s 4-3 overtime conquest of Beverly/Danvers. Kayleigh Crowell, Shea Nemeskal, Jamie Dupont had goals for the Panthers.
* Duxbury got a hat trick from Ayla Abban and goals from Meghan Carney, Maeve Gallagher and Maddie Greenwood in a 6-1 Patriot League win over Quincy/North Quincy.
* Braintree blanked Walpole 5-0 led by a hat trick from forward Savannah Littlewood.
* Two goals apiece from Lauren Adams and Rose MacLean powered Andover past HPNA, 4-2, in Merrimack Valley/DCL Large play.
* Falmouth fell behind 1-0 and then scored the next six in a 6-1 non-league win over LaSalle Academy (RI). Casey Roth netted three goals for the Clippers, with Sam Mackenzie adding a pair and Abby McDonald one.
* Another hat trick was scored in Woburn’s 5-1 win over Melrose, with Taylor Buckley doing the honors. ML Pineros and Ali Murgo each scored as well.
* Colleen Quirk had, yes, a hat trick as well in Natick’s 4-1 win over Milton in the Bay State Conference.
* Brooke Borges‘ second goal of the game, in overtime, sent Bishop Feehan to a 4-3 win over Mansfield/Oliver Ames/Foxboro. Grace Nelson and Julia Tamul also had goals. Feehan followed that up with a 6-3 victory over Arlington Catholic where Chloe Bryda scored three times and Nelson had two goals and three assists.
* Senior captain Hannah Cochran scored with 50 seconds left in regulation to lift Marshfield to a 3-2 win over Scituate. Kayla Leonard and Max Keeler also had goals for the Rams and Ava Peterson made 14 saves.