– In a key Northeastern Hockey League showdown, unbeaten D1 #2 Winthrop (12-0-0) held off D1 #4 Peabody/Lynnfield/North Reading, 3-2, to get a big leg up on repeating as league champions. Hannah Parker‘s second period goal snapped a 2-2 deadlock.
See Winthrop’s first two goals here:
Emma Holmes and Mia Norris gave the Vikings a quick 2-0 lead early in the first period before PLNR got even on strikes from Shirley Wetmore and Hannah Gromko.
– Milton posted a huge win in the Bay State Conference, blanking Braintree, 2-0. Lila Chamoun made 31 saves for the shutout, and Molly Murphy and Caelan Leddy scored the Wildcat goals.
– Medway/Ashland held off Hopkinton/Dover-Sherborn, 3-1, with Julia Bern notching all three goals. Dani Moriarty and Jenna Fitzsimons each picked up two assists in the win.
– D2 #2 Duxbury got past stubborn Hanover, 2-0, on goals by Maeve Gallagher and Parker Metzler.
– Maia Donnelly had the game-winner in extra time as Martha’s Vineyard squeezed out a 3-2 win over Barnstable. Esme Colon and Elle Mone also lit the lamp for MV.
– First period goals by Emma Tavilla and Liv Cohen held up as Natick edged Walpole in the Bay State Conference, 2-1. Maddy Graceffa had the lone goal for Walpole.
– Two goals from freshman Rory Shields and one each by Grace Mottau and Caroline Batchelder were enough for Archbishop Williams to get past Matignon, 4-0.
– Framingham got back on the winning track, as two goals from Mason Puumala, a goal and two assists from Amber Welch, and a goal and assist out of Emily Hudson in a 6-1 conquest of Brookline.
– Third period goals from Erin McDonnell and Caitlin Birnbaum broke a scoreless tie and propelled Needham to a 2-0 win over Weymouth.
– Leominster improved to 9-3-1 overall, blanking Concord-Carlisle 3-0 led by a pair of goals from Rachel Simkewicz and one from Kailyn Hawkins.
– Audrey Koen‘s hat trick led Canton to a 5-2 win over King Philip in a Hockomock League clash, a win that clinched the league title for the Bulldogs. Izzy Cusack and Abby Stock added goals in the win
– Goals from Regan MacPherson, Ava Anderson and Angalisa Caceda gave Waltham a 3-0 win over Cambridge.
– Pembroke got back in the win column with a 4-0 win over Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake, snapping WH/SL’s four-game winning streak. Jen Birolini had a hat trick and Sadie Quatrale one goal to fuel the Titans win.
– Rivals Bishop Stang and Bishop Feehan skated to a 4-4 draw. Lexi Yost and Kacey Curran each had two goals for the Spartans. For the Shamrocks, Avery Blanchard made 49 saves and Grace Campbell scored twice.
– Two goals from Mia Ryder and a goal and three assists from Maddie Mrva were instrumental in Shrewsbury’s 6-0 win over Billerica/Chemsford. Katie Vona, Yasmine McKenzie and Paige Umile added goals for the Colonials, now 11-1-1.
– Bishop Fenwick picked up a 3-0 win over Arlington Catholic. Two goals from Penny Levine-Stein and one from Abbey Millman led the way for the Crusaders.