The Middlesex League opened up its post-season play with four quarterfinal matchups Wednesday night.
* Top-seeded Arlington advanced with a 3-1 win over Wakefield. Defenseman Shea O’Day led the attack with a pair of goals, while Maddie Krepelka added one as well.
* Arlington will host Winchester on Thursday (4pm) in a semifinal contest. Winchester notched a solid 3-0 win over Belmont. Nikki Micciche, Irene Mandile and Maggie Fortin each scored for the winners.
* Second-seeded Woburn got a four-goal performance from eighth-grader Maddie Soderquist in a 5-1 win over Wilmington. Senior Bella Shaw also scored for the Tanners, who now host Burlington Thursday (12:30pm, O’Brien Rink).
* The Lady Devils advanced with a solid 5-1 win over Reading, scoring all five goals in the second half. Shea McDonald, Shannon McDonald, Alexia Hamilton and Caitlyn Tremblay each had a goal to lead the second half onslaught.
* In a Catholic Central League semifinal, St. Mary’s finally got the best of rival Austin Prep, holding off the Cougars 3-2 to move on to the final against Matignon. Sam Porazinski (her 100th career point), Maggie Pierce and Felicia D’Allesandro had goals for the Spartans, who lost and had two ties with AP during the regular season. Isabel Hulse had both goals for Austin Prep.
Duxbury and Pembroke both won their semifinal contests in the Patriot League Cup and will meet for the league title Friday night (Gallo Arena, 5:30pm)
* The Dragons downed Hingham, 2-0, the third win this season for Duxbury over the Harborwomen. McKenna Colella and Ayla Abban had the goals, while Anna McGinty registered the shutout in goal.
* Pembroke won its 13th straight game, blanking Plymouth 3-0, with goals from Jen Birolini, Megan Dorsey and Miranda DiMita. The Titans haven’t lost since opening night, ironically to Duxbury.
* Boston Latin clinched the Dual County League 2 title with a 3-1 win over Wayland/Weston. Maeve Murray and Ava Enright each had a goal and assist, and a goal from Sydney Hanlon.
* In a wild Merrimack Valley Conference semifinal, Andover moved on with a 4-3 win over Methuen/Tewksbury in a sudden death round of a shootout. Amy Pinkham notched the deciding shootout goal for the Golden Warriors. M/T’s Kat Schille had tied the game in the waning seconds of regulation. Lauren Adams, Lily Reeves and Rose MaClean also had goals for Andover. Jessica Driscoll, Brooke Harb each had a goal for the Red Rangers.
* Shrewsbury knocked Algonquin from the unbeaten ranks with a 2-1 win. Natalie MacCausland and Taylor Breen scored goals for the Colonials.
* Weymouth held off Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake, 5-3, getting two goals from Ella Bates and singles out of Emily Bisbee, Wren Abboud and Mairead O”Connell. Ellie Grady, Emily McDonald and Lily Ulvila scored for WH/SL.