* Sandwich took the Judy Gormley Cup title, rallying past Pembroke, 2-1, with second period goals from Emma MacPherson and Olivia O’Brien. Victoria Visceglio made 21 saves.
* Middlesex League heavies Arlington and Woburn renewed their rivalry on New Year’s Day, and played yet another close game. This one ended in a 2-2 standoff. ML Pineros and Taylor Buckley had the goals for Woburn, still unbeaten since an opening night loss.
* Elizabeth Loftus scored all three goals in Watertown’s 3-2 win over Wakefield.
* Shrewsbury gave D1 #1 Austin Prep all it could handle in their New Year’s Eve day contest, that the Cougars eventually won 3-0, thanks to two goals from Kathryn Karo and one from Sabina Axelrod. Isabel Hulse added a pair of assists.
* Peabody/Lynnfield/North Reading improved to 4-1-1 with a 6-1 conquest of Masconomet in the Northeastern Hockey League. Chloe Considine led a balanced attack with two goals, while Ella Chase, Penny Spack, Jenna DiNapoli and Catherine Sweeney each had one.
* Franklin and Longmeadow skated to a 2-2 non-league tie. Avery Greco and Julia Flynn scored for the Panthers, while Nina Cucovia and Avery Ireland countered for the Lancers.
* Two goals from Brooke Duquette and one each by Kat Yelsits and Chase Nassar powered HPNA to a 4-0 win over Newburyport.
* Olivia Viens (1-3-4), Madison Meyer (1-2-3) and Izzy Spencer (1-2-3) all had big games in Auburn’s 5-2 win over Ursuline Academy.
* King Philip edged Medway/Ashland, 3-2, with goals from Sydney O’Shea, Kelly Holmes and Jen Daniels.
* Freshman Jen Birolini had both goals as Pembroke blanked Barnstable, 2-0.
* Two goals apiece from Abbey Millman and Lauren Diranian were key in Bishop Fenwick’s 5-2 Catholic Central League win over Arlington Catholic.
* D1 #5 Peabody/Lynnfield/North Reading and D1 #6 Winthrop finished in a 2-2 deadlock. Sarah Powers had both goals for PLNR. Julia Holmes and Mia Martucci scored for the Vikings, now 3-0-1 overall.
* Duxbury got two goals from McKenna Colella, the second in the final minute of regulation, to sew up a 2-2 tie with Braintree in the Tenney Cup.
* Notre Dame of Hingham won the Tenney Cup beating Hingham 4-1 in the final with goals from Caelan Stewart, Maggie Donahue, Jules Connors and Devon Moore.
* Kathleen Barrett, McKenna Clark and Emma McPherson each had a goal as Sandwich edged Barnstable, 3-1.
* Winchester picked up a big 5-1 non-league win over Canton, led by two goals and an assist from Georgia Costello and a goal and assist from Annie Ettenhoffer.
* Medfield/Norton shaded Longmeadow, 3-2. Cassie McDonald had the game-winner, while Mikayla Matthew and Lily Shaughnessy also had goals.
* Jamie Dupont, Beverly/Danvers top scorer, donned the pads to play goalie in a contest with Malden Catholic, and was superb in a 3-3 tie with 31 saves. Halle Greenleaf scored two goals for the Panthers.
* Down 3-0 in the third period, Methuen/Tewksbury rallied to forge a 3-3 tie with Framingham behind two goals from Emma Giordano and one from Jessica Driscoll. Freshman Maggie Robinson had two goals for the Flyers.