Some highlights from the final week of the regular season in Massachusetts Girls HS Hockey:
– D2 #1 Notre Dame Academy won its own Cougar Classic to finish an impressive 19-0-1 on the regular season, knocking off Austin Prep, 3-1. It was Notre Dame’s second win over Austin this season. Two late goals from Maureen Keenan broke a 1-1 tie and led the NDA Cougars to the win. Freshman Katie Pyne also had a goal.
– Julianna Lynch had both goals, including the tying marker late in the third period, as Hingham deadlocked Westford Academy 2-2 at the Hingham Showcase. Kayleigh Butler and Colleen Ellis both had goals for Westford.
– Adara Nazarian had two goals and Mady Hentosh contributed a goal and four assists as St. Mary’s pulled away in the third period for an 8-2 win over Acton-Boxboro.
– Also at the Hingham Showcase, Andover closed its season on a good note holding off Reading 3-2. Emily Wagner scored a pair of goals, while Allison Wright had one. Michaela Boyle had both goals for the Rockets.
– Red-hot Duxbury heads into the post-season on a high note with a pair of impressive wins at this week’s Hingham Showcase. The Green Dragons beat Westford Academy 4-1 with two goals from Kate McDermott, one from Cate Griffin and one from Jill Cosgrove. Duxbury also beat Andover 3-1 with two more goals from McDermott and one from Grace High.
– Nikki Rinkus tied it and Jackie DiPietro won it in the final minute as Pembroke stayed unbeaten with a 3-2 win over Norwell in the championship game at the Gould Memorial Tournament.
– Peabody/Lynnfield clinched its first tournament berth after a 4-0 win over Melrose. Sami Mirasolo had a hat trick and Elise Murphy a goal for the winners.
– Shrewsbury doubled up on Burlington 4-2 as Delaney Couture, Lauren Moran, Dolly Herlihy and Kylian Kelly each had a goal. Kaitlin Campbell and Kat Nikolopoulos each scored for Burlington.
– Goals by Maggie Malloy, Marissa Devane and Lauren Fitzpatrick powered Canton to a 3-0 win over Walpole.
– Holly Russell had the lone goal and Jordan Toomey the shutout in goal as Arlington edged Hingham, 1-0.
– Matignon downed Falmouth 4-1 in the consolation game of the MJT Memorial Tournament on goals from Ciara Wall, Lexie Turner, Carolyn Mahoney and Maeve Leahy.
– Lexi Rosenbaum had two goals and Abby Gendron added one to lead Masconomet to a 3-0 win over Winthrop/Lynn.
– Medway/Ashland took down Mansfield/Oliver Ames 3-1 as Gabriella Airosus, Colleen Reardon and Brynn Moriarty each had a goal.