– Milton has done it again, knocking off another #1 team. This time it was Herget Division rival Wellesley. The Wildcats got a third period goal from freshman Julia Scannell and edged the Red Raiders, 4-3. Siobhan Murtagh and Elena Kapolis each had a goal and assist for Milton, while Mackenzie Stanley also had a goal. Kat Buchanan chipped in with two assists and goalie Sarah Park made 21 saves. Kiely Noonan had two goals for Wellesley.
– Division I’s top club – Arlington Catholic – returned to action with a solid 3-0 win over Billerica, the team’s seventh shutout win this season. Jasmine Mucci was in goal for this one. Tia Martignetti scored her first goal of the season, while Jess Piracini and Margaret Sullivan had goals as well.
– Junior Ali O’Leary scored a pair of goals, and Emma McDonagh and Rachel Thomson added single goals as #3 Reading cooled off a hot Woburn team, 4-1. Georgia Santullo had the goal for the Tanners.
– #5 Barnstable remained unbeaten with a 3-0 shutout of Pembroke behind goals from Amanda Picknick, Morgan Richard and Callie Rogorzenski. The Red Raiders host Arlington Catholic in a key showdown on Saturday.
– #6 Austin Prep exacted revenge for its only loss of the season in a big way, taking a 5-0 win over Andover. Freshman Olivia Finocchairo scored a pair of goals to lead the way for the Cougars, who also got goals from Kylie Currier, Maddy Ricci and Caroline Benson. Caty Flagg pitched the shutout in goal. Ricci announced recently that she has committed to Stevenson University in Maryland for next season.
– Haverhill/North Andover and Methuen/Tewksbury battled to a scoreless tie in MVC/DCL Small action. The game’s two goaltenders – Haverhill/North Andover’s Michaela Kane and Methuen/Tewksbury’s Kaia Hollingsworth both were sensational in the game. Still unbeaten Haverhill/North Andover (6-0-3) gets Andover on Saturday.
– St. Mary’s picked up its second straight win, knocking off Hingham, 3-1, on goals from Ashley Wojewodzic, Sarah Ryan and Katarina Roy. Julianna Gong had the Hingham tally.
– Kate Holmes had all three goals to lift still unbeaten King Philip to a 3-0 win over Norwell.
– Peabody took down Bishop Fenwick, 7-1, as Elise Murphy scored three goals. Caroline Buckley added two markers, while Kathryn DiGuillo and Jillian Arigo each had one.