* Delaney Couture‘s third goal of the game, coming in the final minute of play, allowed D1 #6 Shrewsbury to get past D2 #1 Notre Dame in a heavyweight battle Saturday. The goal was also Couture’s 200th career point with the Colonials. Alexa Graziano and Caitlin Delano had goals for the Cougars.
* Lizzie Jacobson had the lone goal, and Leah White pitched the shutout in goal as Hingham handed Canton its first loss of the season, 1-0.
* In a key Bay State League Herget Division battle, D2 #2 Wellesley got goals from McKenzie O’Neil, Emily Rourke and Olivia Vernon in a 3-1 win over Natick.
* Dennis-Yarmouth stayed hot with a 4-0 blanking of Sandwich. Kayla McGaffigan had a hat trick for the Dolphins. Georgie Snow also scored.
* Melrose qualified for the post-season with a 2-0 win over Reading in the Middlesex League. Saoirse Connolly and Samantha Kroon had the goals. It marked the earliest the Raiders have ever qualified for the tournament, and the program’s first-ever win over Reading.
* Rachael Burum had all four of her team’s goals in Marshfield’s 4-4 standoff with Peabody/Lynnfield. Sammie Mirasolo had a pair of strikes for Peabody/Lynnfield.
* Watertown shaded Belmont 1-0 on a goal from Olivia Lampasona.
* Codi Butt fired home four goals to power D1 #3 St. Mary’s to a 6-2 decision over Winthrop.
* Duxbury sewed up the Patriot League title, blanking Pembroke 4-0 behind three goals from Jackie Hayden and one from Molly Duvall.
* D1’s top-ranked club, Austin Prep, skated to a 5-2 win over Westford Academy. The Cougars got goals from Elyse Lyons, Frankie Frelick, Samantha Taber, Felicia Zuccola and Sophia Whittaker.
* Meghan Stimpson had four goals in Braintree’s 6-0 win over Weymouth.
* Elizabeth Phalen scored two goals, and Celia Blaszkowsky and Charlotte Tolman one apiece as Needham picked up a nice 4-2 win over Longmeadow.
* Andover got a hat trick from Emma Gilmartin and one goal from Callie Willey in a 4-0 win over Beverly/Danvers.
* Maggie Milne had three goals and Erin Browne added two to power Burlington to a 7-4 win over Lexington.
* Franklin blanked Medfield 2-0 on goals from Amanda Lewandowski and Jordan Dwyer.