* In a D1 showdown of undefeated top 10 clubs, #3 Braintree prevailed with a 3-1 win over #6 Hingham. Ally Decoste scored two goals and Stella Shea added one for the Wamps, now 6-0-0. Earlier, Braintree took home the title at the Michael Giordano Christmas Classic, blanking Matignon, 5-0, in the title game. In that contest, Abbey Holland registered her 100th career point.
* D2 #2 Canton also improved to 6-0-0 by shading Westwood, 3-2, in the final of the Pat Walsh Classic. Defenseman Olivia Maffeo scored a pair of goals for the the Bulldogs, while Lizzie Tassinari notched the game-winner in the third period. Sophia Levering had both goals for Westwood.
* Westwood blanked Milton 4-0 in the first round of the Pat Walsh Classic at Canton Ice House. Abby Crowley had a goal and two assists and Kendall Blomquist two assists to lead the offensive attack for the Wolverines.
* Natick downed Algonquin/Hudson 5-1 in the first round of the Medway/Ashland New Year’s Invitational. Jacqui Poulack and Claire Maxwell led the Redhawks attack with two goals apiece.
* Goals by Jordan Kowalski and Alexis Pfalzgraf each had a goal as D1 #5 Longmeadow held on for a 2-1 win over #8 Methuen/Tewksbury.
* Burlington blanked Central Catholic, 6-0, behind a hat-trick performance from Sophia Berardinelli.
* St. Mary’s Lynn recorded a 3-0 shutout of Peabody/North Reading/Lynnfield. Ang Catino had the shutout in the nets and goals came from Jenna Chaplain, Lexie Turner and Kelsey Sullivan.
* Ursuline Academy won its fifth straight game to start the season with a 5-2 conquest of Dover-Sherborn/Hopkinton. Bridget Popkin had a pair of goals for the Bears, while Meg Foley, Emily McHugh and Mary Kate Rusnock each had one.
* Skylar Samanica and Lexi Yost each had a goal and Sophia Babineau notched 21 saves as Bishop Stang slipped past Scituate, 2-1.
* Bridget Cardarelli had two goals and Alyssa Murphy, Emily McDonald and Neve Corkery each scored one in Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake’s 5-0 win over Plymouth.
* Samantha Fantasia scored three goals and added a pair of assists as Billerica/Chelmsford took a 6-1 win over Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake.
* Goals by Victoria McLaughlin and Megan Dorsey and a shutout between the pipes by Kaleigh Murphy powered Pembroke to a 2-0 win over Sandwich and a Judy Gormley Cup title.
* Eliana Kane had the lone goal and Jenny Hubbard was solid in goal as HPNA edged past Shrewsbury, 1-0, in a non-league tussle.
* Milton took down Medfield/Norton 2-1 with goals from Christina Sweeney and Molly Murtagh.