– Goals by Lindsey Phelan and Morgan Richard, and some strong goaltending from Olivia Sollows powered #2 Barnstable to a key 2-0 win over #4 Duxbury in their SEMGHL showdown. The win kept the Red Raiders undefeated on the season at 10-0-4.
– With an assist in Sunday’s 3-0 win over Springfield Cathedral, Dedham senior forward Sam Girard hit the 200-pt club for her prolific career. She also added a pair of goals in the win.
– D1 #5 Andover squeezed past Billerica, 2-0, in the MVC/Dual Large on goals from Hannah Littlewood and Caroline Hughes.
– St. Mary’s got a pair of goals from Sam Callahan and the game-winner from Sarah Ryan in a come-from-behind 3-2 win over Woburn. Erica Lissner and Georgie Santullo had the goals for Woburn.
– Goals by Jamie Melley, Andrea Uglietta, Gabby DeCologero and Ashley Tango propelled D1 #1 Reading to a 4-1 win over Arlington on Saturday. The top-ranked Rockets followed that up with a 5-0 win Sunday against Melrose. Tori Grimmer scored twice, while Rachel Thomson, Emma McDonagh and Tango each had one.
– D2 #3 Archbishop Williams held off D1 #6 Austin Prep, 1-0, in a Catholic Central contest. Sophomore Katie Meehan had the lone goal for the Bishops, who improved to 13-2-1.
– Plymouth continued its banner first season as a varsity, blanking Nauset/Cape Tech 8-0 as Kelsey Routhier, Shannon Colbert and Grace Forestiere each scored two goals. Mia Sacco and Torrie Gray added single goals.
– Kaitlin Garvey had the hat trick and Mel McAleer fired home a pair of goals to lead Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake to a 6-5 win over Norwell.
– Ainsley Gilbard‘s hat trick enabled Wayland/Weston to crack the win column for the first time this season, with a 4-2 win over Waltham.
– D1 #3 Arlington Catholic got a pair of goals from senior Adrieana Rossini and one from Erin Healy in a 3-0 shutout win over Connecticut HS power East Catholic/Glastonbury/South Windsor, the top-ranked team in the Nutmeg State.
– D2 #1 Wellesley got a huge 7-3 win over Norwood, a win that snapped the Mustangs nine-game unbeaten streak. Kaleigh Donnelly had four goals for the Red Raiders, while Keely Corscadden scored twice and Sophie Vernon one.
– Tess Higgins had the goal and Michaela Kane made 23 saves as Haverhill/North Andover edged past Boston Latin, 1-0.
– D1 #9 Chelmsford tied up D1 #7 Acton-Boxboro 3-3 on goals by Julianne Sheehan, Caitlyn McBride and Erin Doonan. Leah Cardarelli had two goals for the Colonials.
– Sophomore Elena Kapolis scored four goals and freshman Kat Buchanan had four assists as D2 #5 Milton improved to 14-3-1 with a 6-1 win over Brookline/Newton South.
– Nicole Mortell had all four goals as Medford blanked Matignon, 4-0.
To check out HNIB News latest Mass. Girls D1 Poll, click here
To check out HNIB News latest Mass. Girls D2 Poll, click here