Catching up on some Massachusetts HS girls hockey highlights from the long weekend…
* Austin Prep used goals from Frankie Frelick, Gianna DeFillipo and Isabel Hulse to down Frankin, 3-1, in an MLK Day matinee.
* Two goals and an assist from Ella Waryas led the way in Mansfield/Oliver Ames/Foxboro’s 6-0 win over Bishop Feehan.
* Waltham blanked Newton, 3-0. Goal scorers for the Hawks were Isla MacPherson, Isabella Babstock and Angalisa Caceda.
* D1 #4 HPNA officially qualified for the post-season, improving to 9-0-2 overall with a 4-2 win over Reading. Morgan Whitlock scored two goals, and Shelby Nassar and Emma Skafas each had one.
* Shrewsbury took down Rhode Island power LaSalle 6-2. Holly Catarius, Kaci Ryder, Grace Felicio, Madeline Mrva, Olivia Cwalinski and Gabby DeSouza each had a goal for the surging Colonials.
* Two goals from Amanda Forziati and one from Cayla Greenleaf powered Beverly/Danvers to a 3-1 win over Andover in the annual Colleen Ritzer Memorial Game.
* Hannah Blomquist scored two goals and added a pair of assists to lead Westwood to a 5-3 win over Medfield/Norton. Emma Conway and Abby Crowley each chipped in with a goal and assist for the Wolverines.
* Maggie Pierce had a hat trick as D1 #3 St. Mary’s shut down Lexington, 4-0. Megan Parthum also had a goal for the Lady Spartans, now 6-0-3.
For info on 2020 HNIB Girls Summer Festivals and Showcases, click here
* Dennis-Yarmouth held off the Cape Cod Furies 2-0 to get back on the winning track. Amelia Veara and Georgie Snow had the goals for the Dolphins.
* Emma O’Donovan fired home five goals to power Belmont to a 6-0 win over Watertown. Defenseman Meghan Noone had the other goal for the Marauders, who improved to 8-1-3 overall.
* Medway/Ashland slipped past Franklin, 3-2, behind goals from Izzy Larche, Maggie Lester and Katie Crews. Libby Carter had both goals for Franklin.
* Lincoln-Sudbury and Waltham skated to a 1-1 standoff in the MVC/Dual County Small. Jess McPherson had the goal for the Hawks, while Catrina Tobin countered for the Warriors.
* In a non-league tussle, Masconomet slipped past Matignon, 1-0, on a goal by Sage Smith and 32 saves from senior goalie Molly Elmore.
* Two goals from Sara Mullin and one from Mikayla Brightman allowed Bishop Stang to get a 3-3 tie with Cohasett/Hanover. Maddie Andre chipped in with two assists for Stang.
* A goal by Morgan Lessa with seven seconds left gave Stoughton/Sharon a 3-2 win over Shawsheen/Bedford. Sam Sherman and Zofia Bangs also had goals in the win.
* Caroline Hartnett, Laura White and Kelsey Stewart each had a goal to lead Notre Dame Academy to a 3-1 win over King Philip.
* Winchester blanked Stoneham/Melrose 5-0 led by a hat trick from Whitney Krayer.