– In Wednesday’s most anticipated game, D1 powers #3 Arlington Catholic and #5 Austin Prep battled to a 1-1 standoff. Kylie Currier gave AP an early 1-0 lead, but that goal was matched by AC’s Mickey McLaughlin. Austin Prep goalie Caty Flagg had a superb game in goal, holding off the AC attack.
– Emily Loprete had the hat trick and Aurora Fidler, Suzanne Noone and Erin McLaughlin each scored once as Watertown/Belmont rallied to down Burlington, 6-2. Kelly Browne and Mary Cox scored for the Red Devils.
– Meghan Moore and Amanda Picknick each had two goals as D1 #2 Barnstable saw the offensive floodgates open in an 8-1 win over Braintree. Lauren Spalt, Morgan Richard, Lindsey Phelan and Alexis Thomas also had goals for the Red Raiders.
– Elizabeth Hernberg scored three goals and K.T. Belval added two as Needham cruised to a 7-0 win over Framingham. Rose McGovern and Regina Longley also scored for the Rockets.
– D1 #4 Duxbury prevailed 5-1 over Pembroke in a non-league game as Kelly McCarthy scored two goals. Jane Dudley, Marissa Fichter and Julia Nolan added single tallies for the Dragons.
– Notre Dame of Hingham picked up a big 4-1 win over Fontbonne. Goal scorers were Haley Marshall, Bridget Dilworth, Julia Schiffmann and Caroline Hocking.
– D1 #10 Chelmsford picked up a key 2-1 win over D1 #6 Andover on the strength of goals from Rachel Bossi and Courtney McCann. Julianne Sheehan contributed two assists as the Lions officially qualified for the post-season.
– Ali O’Leary continued her torrid scoring with three goals, while Caroline Seibold, Andrea Uglietta and Skylar Cain each had one as D1 #1 Reading downed Lexington, 6-2.
– King Philip is still unbeaten, downing Latin Academy, 6-2, as Katie Holmes and Liz Furfari each had a pair of goals.
– Goals by Sam Shastany and Taylor McDowell were enough for Dennis-Yarmouth to squeak out a 2-1 win over Bourne/Mashpee/Wareham.
– Elena Kapolis (penalty shot), Katie Abbott and Meghan McDougall each had a goal as Milton blanked Natick, 3-0. Sarah Park made 21 saves for her fifth shutout.
– Norwood stayed hot with a 5-3 decison of D2 #3 Dedham in the Bay State Herget Division. Kacie Smith (2), Bella Aspinwall, Lisa Moynihan and Shannon Gillis had the Mustangs goals, while Sam Girard, Meg Corrado and Sarah Stapleton countered for Dedham.
– Walpole has given the big shots in the Herget Division fits all year and it continued last night, when the Rebels held D2’s top-ranked team – Wellesley – to a 0-0 standoff.