– Top-seeded Reading advanced to the quarterfinals with a 2-0 win over Middlesex League rival Arlington. defenseman Caroline Seibold scored in the first period and junior forward Ali O’Leary connected in the second period for the Rockets, who now have a quarterfinal date with Beverly-Danvers Tuesday at Ryan Arena in Watertown (7:45pm).
– Beverly-Danvers eliminated Haverhill/North Andover, 3-1. Izzy Primack had a pair of goals and McKenzie Karpa the other for the Panthers. Kim Carroll the lone goal for HPNA, which finished an impressive second varsity season with a final record of 13-5-3.[one_fourth] [/one_fourth] [one_fourth] [/one_fourth] [one_fourth] [/one_fourth] [one_fourth_last] [/one_fourth_last]
– Fourth-seeded Watertown/Belmont held on for a 2-1 win over Andover. Erin McLaughlin scored first for the Maraiders, and Aurora Fidler upped the margin to 2-0 before Andover’s Jessica Leone got one back. Watertown-Belmont will now play Austin Prep in the quarterfinals Wednesday (6pm – Woburn).
– It was another shutout for Caty Flagg as Austin Prep advanced with a 3-0 win over Melrose. The Cougars got goals from Olivia Finocchairo, Caroline Benson and Kylie Currier.
– Second-seeded Arlington Catholic was in a struggle for awhile with Westford Academy, but exploded for four third-period goals for a 6-2 win. Six different players scored – Abby Knight, Tia Martignetti, Margaret Sullivan, Erin Healy, Jessica Piracini and Adrieana Rossini. Kaitlin Campbell and Katie Hargrave scored for Westford. AC now gets Duxbury (Wednesday, 8pm – Woburn) in a rematch of last year’s state title game.
– Duxbury had all it could handle with Needham, needing a goal at 2:23 over overtime by Emily van der Veen to slip past Needham, 3-2. Kelly McCarthy and Marissa Fichter also scored for the Dragons. Elizabeth Hernberg and Emma Slicklen countered for the Rockets, who finished 13-5-3,[one_fourth] [/one_fourth] [one_fourth] [/one_fourth] [one_fourth] [/one_fourth] [one_fourth_last] [/one_fourth_last]
– In a Friday night contest, third-seeded Barnstable took out Lincoln-Sudbury, 5-1. Lindsey Phelan and Carrie Rogorzenski each had two goals to lead the way. The Red Raiders now play Acton-Boxboro in a rematch of last year’s great quarterfinal contest (Tuesday, March 3 at Watertown, 5:30pm).
– Acton-Boxboro got goals from Meghan Barrett, Alex Loblundo and Leah Cardarelli and slipped past MVC/Dual County Large foe Chelmsford, 3-1.