– In the marquee game on Wednesday’s schedule, four-time defending 1A champion No. 2 Malden Catholic shut down No. 4 B.C. High to clinch the Catholic Conference championship for the first time since 2012. Northeastern commit Matt Filipe had the game-winning goal and Kyle Casey picked up the shutout.
– In a key Bay State Herget clash, first-place No. 9 Wellesley and second-place No. 17 Milton played to a 2-all tie. Connor Morton and Carter Huff had first-period goals for Wellesley while Milton countered with strikes from senior Lloyd Hill and sophomore Dylan McDougall.
– Woburn clinched the Middlesex Liberty Division title with a hard-fought 4-2 win over Arlington. Kyle Flaherty scored a pair of goals for the Tanners, including the clinching, empty-net tally. Justin Alves and Tim Concannon also had goals for Woburn.
– Andover continued its strong debut season under coach Chris Kuchar, qualifying for the post-season with a 1-0 MVC/DCL One win against Westford Academy. Sophomore defenseman Matt Sharrio netted his first career goal for the Golden Warriors and senior Nick Scarpa (22 saves) rang up the shutout.
– St. John’s of Shrewsbury extended its post-season fight with a 5-2 decision of Marshfield. Tyler Reynolds, Garrett Lehan, Adam Romano, Chris Stalmok and Jack Herlihy scored for the Pioneers, who got a 20-save performance from Alex Franchi. Will Cote and Harrison Sheldon scored for Marshfield. SJS (7-10-1) needs seven points in its final four games to qualify, starting this afternoon against Hingham at NESC (3:50 p.m.). The Harbormen also sit on the post-season bubble.
– Senior Jack Griffin’s hat trick powered No. 15 Duxbury past Whitman-Hanson, 5-1, as the Green Dragons clinched the Patriot League Keenan Division crown. Kevin Corcoran and Kyle Madigan added goals and Ryan Stevens contributed three assists.
– No. 20 St. Mary’s of Lynn continued to roll as it turned back Matignon in Catholic Central Large action, 3-1. The Spartans got two goals from sophomore Dante Maribito and one from freshman defenseman Max McKay. John Andrews scored for Matignon.
– No. 8 Central Catholic captured the MVC/DCL One championship with a 4-1 win against Waltham. Joe Faro had a goal and an assist for the Raiders while Hawks’ fine goalie Shamus Egan piled up 39 saves.
– In an intriguing intersectional match-up between former D2 powers that have transitioned smoothly to D1, No. 13 Franklin topped No. 18 Newburyport, 1-0, behind senior goalie Ryan Shea’s 22-save performance. Senior Ryan Spillane scored the game’s lone goal.
– No. 14 Braintree outgunned Needham, 5-3, behind goals from Evan Googins, Chris Googins, Corey Woodward, Liam Sage and Kyle Marshall.
– In the Catholic Central Large, No. 11 Arlington Catholic eased past Archbishop Williams, 4-1, on goals from Matt Solvilletti, Ryan Smith, Ivan Mikhaylov and John Rogers.
– Kevin Quinn scored two goals as Walpole dumped Dedham in the Bay State Conference, 4-1. Liam McCabe and James Murphy also scored.
– In other games of note: … No. 10 Burlington shut out Stoneham, 4-0 … No. 5 St. John’s Prep routed St. Peter-Marian, 10-0 … No. 3 Austin Prep whitewashed Bishop Fenwick, 5-0 … No. 6 Xaverian and No. 12 Barnstable played to a 3-3 tie … and Hingham handled Coyle & Cassidy, 5-0.