Wednesday’s Massachusetts Boys D1 Highlights:
* Catholic Memorial raced out to a 3-0 lead and held on to knock off previously unbeaten BC High, 3-2, in the Catholic Conference. Freshman Finn Burke, sophomore Joey Borelli and senior captain Kevin McCarthy scored the Knights’ goals. Goalie Dom Walecka extended his stellar start to the season with 34 saves. Colman Benson and Colin Norton connected for BC High’s goals.
* Unbeaten St. Mary’s cruised past Newburyport, scoring three goals in each of the first two periods in a 6-1 win. Christian Moran, Max Giardina, Brady Bullock (assist), Brady Carpenter (assist), Davis Kinne and Colby Magliozzi (assist) had the goals while Owen Giangrande made 22 saves. Ben Reynolds netted Newburyport’s goal.
* In the Bay State Conference, Braintree belted Walpole, 7-1. Matt Hemmert and Scott Lagos both scored twice for the Wamps.
* Arlington Catholic rolled over St. Peter-Marian, 8-1, behind two goals each from Thomas Milne and Nolan Mallett.
* Nick Recupero scored for Archbishop Williams with 12 seconds to play to secure a 3-3 with Barnstable. James O’Toole and Christian Koylion also scored for the Bishops. Joe Longeuil, Jack Scipione and Brian Frieh scored for Barnstable.
* Franklin closed with a rush in a 6-0 shutout of Taunton, 6-0. Kyle Hedvig paced the Panthers with two goals and Declan Lovett contributed a goal and an assist.
* Xaverian blanked Malden Catholic, 2-0, in another Catholic Conference battle. Max Lockwood had both goals for the Hawks, the second into the empty net.
* Ryan Hart’s first-period goal held up as St. John’s Prep handed Framingham its first loss of the season, 1-0. Noah Dorsey-Sorofman had 24 saves for the Eagles.
* In the Middlesex League, Ryan O’Halloran’s natural hat trick drove Burlington past Stoneham, 4-0.
Also in the Middlesex, junior Ben Fici scored a pair of goals and senior goalie Nico Carere had 34 saves as Belmont shut down Winchester, 3-0.
Other key results:
Reading 3, Woburn 0
Arlington 3, Lexington 1
Pope Francis 4, St. John’s (S) 4
Plymouth North 4, Duxbury 1