– Winchester pulled the upset of the evening, knocking St. Mary’s from the unbeaten ranks with a 2-0 win at O’Brien Rink. Junior David Strong scored both goals for the Red & Black, one in the first period and an empty-netter to seal it.
– Shrewsbury blanked Westford Academy, 3-0, in the MVC/Dual County I, getting goals from Matt McDonough, Ryan Lambert and Carter Richardson.
– Down 3-1 entering the third period, Archbishop Williams scored four goals to grab a 5-3 win over Canton. Casey Kelley, Matt Keenan, Sean Murphy and Ben Sylvester all had a goal and assist to lead the Bishops.
– In a game that was scoreless into the third period, #2 Catholic Memorial finally pulled away for a 4-0 win over Malden Catholic. Connor Fryberger had a goal and two assists to lead the attack, while Brendan MacNeil, Joe Marchi and Morgan Linehan also scored.
– Also in the Catholic Conference, top-ranked St. John’s Prep downed Xaverian, 4-1, as Cole Blaeser, Johnny Tighe, Deuce Morton (first career goal) and Christian Rosa each had a goal.
– Doug Carr‘s first career goal was the difference in Barnstable’s 2-1 win over Sandwich in a key Cape & Islands League tussle. Shea Semprini also had a goal for the Red Hawks.
– Tommy Kinzfogl had two goals, and Quinn Martin, Brett Martin and Frankie DeTraglia each had a goal as Lincoln-Sudbury took down Newton South, 5-2.
– Franklin improved to 9-1 with a 5-1 win over Oliver Ames. Dan Daley and Anthony Lampasona each had a pair of goals for the Panthers. Jack Wernig had a goal as well.
– Nick Tashjian had the lone goal, and Patrick Clair notched the shutout, as Arlington Catholic edged Bishop Fenwick, 1-0. AC had lost to Fenwick by the same 1-0 score just four days earlier.
– St. John’s of Shrewsbury nudged BC High, 2-1. Luke May scored the game-winner with just 49 seconds left in regulation. A second period goal by Daniel Menyalkin gave the Pioneers a 1-0 lead before BC High’s Michael Federico tied it early in the third period. Ryan Melanson had 39 saves for SJS.