– #7 Reading had a bit of a letdown after Sunday’s big win at the Burns Tournament, settling for a 3-3 tie with Wakefield, which gave the Rockets fits all night. Mark Boyle, Robbie Granara and Kevin Thomson did have goals for Reading.
– Marshfield held off Scituate, 2-1, in a big Patriot League battle, thanks to goals from Tommy Carroll and Shane Keeler (his first varsity goal). The Rams also got a solid job in goal from senior Brady Quackenbush.
– Eric Lund scored twice to lead Bishop Feehan over Catholic Central League rival Bishop Fenwick, 5-3. Tyler Slack, Aidan Scanlon and freshman Gabe Visnicky (first career goal) added goals for the Shamrocks, winners of three straight.
– Central Catholic turned on the offensive jets, rolling to a 10-4 win over Shrewsbury. A balanced scoring attack was led by the two-goal performances of Brady Rickenbach and Sean Gray.
– Charlie Dimartino had a hat trick and Kyle Hutchinson scored twice as Braintree doubled up Milton, 6-3. Larry Graziano added a goal and assist for the Wamps.
– Nick D’Olympio scored two goals as Catholic Memorial pulled away in the third period for a 6-1 win over St. John’s (S). Mike Birch, Finn Burke, Tyler Hamilton and Brendan MacNeil alll had a goal for the 13-1-0 Knights, ranked #2 in Division 1.
– Jack Brady had the OT game-winner in Weymouth’s 6-5 win over Needham.
– Barnstable picked up a key Cape & Islands win, doubling up Nauset 4-2 behind two goals from Nick Buckler, and one each by Shea Semprini and Chad Tordone.
– Brookline picked up a big win, taking down Framingham, 5-3, led by two goal performances from Emmet Teehan and Steve MacDougall. Grady Ames added a goal and assist in the win.
– Top-ranked St. John’s Prep got goals from six different skaters – Cole Blaeser, Will Van Sicklin, Cam Umlah, Jake Vana, Harlan Graber and Jimmy Ayers – in a 6-3 win over Malden Catholic. The Prep led 5-0 after two periods and withstood a third period flurry by the Lancers.