With a bunch of postponements, there was a lighter-than-usual Wednesday night schedule. Here are some Division 1 highlights.
– Milton handed D1 #5 Wellesley its first loss of the season, grabbing a 4-2 win over the Raiders led by a pair of goals from Sean MacDougall. Owen McHugh and Harrison Hinckle also had goals, and Andrew McHugh was solid in goal with 35 saves.
– Natick edged Weymouth, 3-2, thanks to an overtime goal from Brendan MacDonnell. Other goal scorers for the Red Hawks were Sam Hubbard and Alex Peck.
– Goals by Connor Hennigan, Matt Portentoso, Nick Hopwood and Kody Pokraka powered Falmouth past rival Barnstable, 4-1, in the Cape & Islands League.
– Josh Millman had 25 saves and Manny Alvarez-Segee, Matt O’Connor, Cam Anderson and Chris Stevens each had a goal as Bishop Fenwick surprised D1 #11 St. Mary’s, 4-1.
– Bishop Feehan took home the Braga Cup in its annual battle with Bishop Stang, as Thomas Franzosa‘s two goals led the Shamrocks to a 7-0 win. Other goal scorers for Feehan were Eric Lund, Bryce Mackintosh, Jonathan L’Esperance, Brady Vitelli and Dane Holske.
– Jackson Powers scored twice, and Nick Leuzzi had the game-winning goal as Woburn outlasted Watertown, 5-3, in the Middlesex League.
** Featured image courtesy of @BEACHSKATES